Plastic vs. aluminum suspension arms. Minimizing $$$ damages

I recently switched out the stiff plastic VXL front arms on our Rustler, as the winter months are here and they seem to get brittle. My little guy just snapped one, which is why I started tearing things apart...

I also decided to remove the aluminum rear arms (and the front/rear aluminum towers), in favor of plastic, having noticed damage to hinge pins and shock shafts as a result of crashes.

The RPM arms seem very flexible, and Iím wondering if this could cause the drive shafts to oscillate more at the bearings, and cause tranny issues. Has anybody had experience with this? My gut says to use the softer RPM stuff up front, and VXL plastic in the rear. But thatís pure speculation.

Does anybody have a magic combo thatís worked well? Iíve bent STRC hardened steel and Lunsford titanium hinge pins that were installed on the aluminum arms in the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You confused me for a second. This is in the TRX-4 section, but you're talking about Rustler.

RPM arms all around should be fine. Some people have complained that RPM arms can flex enough in crashes to disconnect or ruin axle shafts, but I've never personally experienced that on any vehicle.

STRC products are mid-range at best. Lundsford is top of the line so if you bent their stuff you would have bent anything in that crash.

Quote Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
    You confused me for a second. This is in the TRX-4 section, but you're talking about Rustler.

RPM arms all around should be fine. Some people have complained that RPM arms can flex enough in crashes to disconnect or ruin axle shafts, but I've never personally experienced that on any vehicle.

STRC products are mid-range at best. Lundsford is top of the line so if you bent their stuff you would have bent anything in that crash.
    Hahaha! Oops!! I thought I posted in the general discussion forum. It was early, hadnít had my required dose of caffeine apparently. Iíll repost...

Thanks for the reply!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk