RC poster

HELP!!! Tekno M6 Driveshafts, no idea how to set up?

I got the Tekno RC driveshafts (Slash 4x4) a few days ago, i fiddled with the "bump steer" position, (Don't know what it does, but I've been flipping a little less), the steering is good and i ran with the upgraded front but the back is stock shafts (Still). Just broke the rear ones, but i still don't know how to set up my rear. I just do light neighborhood bashing and jumping, and i don't know what the holes do. My biggest problem is which block i should use and the top middle or bottom middle hole will give me what i'm looking for?

RC Qualifier
    Ariba underlay underlay!

If you read the info sheet that comes in the package Tekno do quite a good job of explaining it. It might take a couple of reads though.

Just hold your old hubs up next to the new Teknos and use the tie rod mounting / hinge pin holes that line up closest to what you’re already running to get started.

As for what hubs to choose and what side that depends. The slash has 2.5 deg toe in stock.

If you use a left hub on the left side it adds to the toe. ie. the 0.5 hub on the left... 2.5 + 0.5 = 3 deg total.

If you use the hub on the opposite side it will subtract. ie. 2.5 - 0.5 = 2 deg.

RC Competitor
    I am also confused with the Tekno M6 instructions. The toe was not a problem, but I do not understand the bump steer. according to the Tekno instructions, they can be set up for Front End toe out when hitting bumps... is this desirable?? Does anyone run with higher bump out settings in the front?

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegan View Post
    I am also confused with the Tekno M6 instructions. The toe was not a problem, but I do not understand the bump steer. according to the Tekno instructions, they can be set up for Front End toe out when hitting bumps... is this desirable?? Does anyone run with higher bump out settings in the front?
    This is a very personal preference. Geared more towards serious track racers. Either play around with each setting to see what works best for you, personally, or set it and forget it. Tuning can be a deep rabbit hole, without the necessary dedication we end up just spinning our wheels.

it's alright son, I'll fix it
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it