RC poster

Obstacle course for my stampede

I recently got a stampede 4x4 vxl. Before, I had the two wheel drive brushed version, and i am a lot happier with this one. Anyway, I was wandering if anyone had some cool ideas for an obstacle course. I'm not thinking jumps... more like some rock crawling and stuff like that. I was thinking of getting some pallets, two by fours and some plywood and seeing what happens. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated over here.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by cavemanmatt View Post
    I recently got a stampede 4x4 vxl. Before, I had the two wheel drive brushed version, and i am a lot happier with this one. Anyway, I was wandering if anyone had some cool ideas for an obstacle course. I'm not thinking jumps... more like some rock crawling and stuff like that. I was thinking of getting some pallets, two by fours and some plywood and seeing what happens. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated over here.
    I have been staring at quite a bit of scrap wood and 2x4s lol. I guess the skies the limit. I also have a Pede VXL and it doesn’t do too bad creeping around. I have a TRX4 too. Been playing with that in the basement. I need a better test course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Landscaping rocks.

RC poster
    Looking good so far! I like how you turned those two by fours on their side. I got some pallets, two by fours, and plywood, so we'll see what happens i guess.

RC poster
    The landscaping rocks sound good, but I've spent all the money I want to on this already!

RC Qualifier
    You would be surprised how cheap they are at a concrete and stone specialty business. I bought one cubic yard of it for my yard for I think 150 and that’s a lot of rocks. If you talk to them nicely I bet you can get enough for an rc crawlcourse for 20 bucks

RC Racer
    If you want to crawl with it, look at URC's Chimera project. It will take a lot of money to crawl with this well.

RC Enthusiast
    The 4x4 ‘pede isn’t terrible at crawling with a Titan 550 and the xl5HV from a TRX4. We use these for our trail hikes and can hang pretty well in rocky creek bottoms, though it’s no scale crawler. Adding a little thicker diff oil or even moving to grease would help with some additional traction. Best thing is to get out and give it a try and work from there.