RC Racer

Mamba monster x instant reverse

Iíve calibrated my esc to my remote but even after that the mamba monster x goes into instant reverse when I go to hit the brake. What am I missing? I didnít notice a setting on the programmer card? How do I turn this off and make it brake instead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Nevermind, Iím an idiot. Wrong brake setting after I read what each one really means vs what I thought it meant. As a side note if you think you are still in esc programming mode to set it to your remote and you arenít, you can do mean burnouts off your work table

RC Qualifier
    From memory itís called Ďcrawler reverseí. It engages reverse without waiting.

Page 32. Programming section 1 Ďbrake / reverse typeí.

You probably have option 3 selected and you need option 1.

https://dzf8vqv24eqhg.cloudfront.net...95-0290-00.pdf

RC Qualifier
    Ha. Thatís the burnout calibration mode

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by boosta View Post
    Ha. Thatís the burnout calibration mode
    Had a 4s pack in and it shot off the table and into my toolbox on the floor the wording is a little different from what I was thinking in my mind but I was in 3 from the factory. That was the first time I hooked the card up to it to see what I did wrong. Ran a speed run like this and it went airborne and top side into a pole at 55 mph last weekend so I knew I had to figure out how to tame it down! Stupid me thought I could get on the brake ever so slightly... WRONG!

RC Qualifier
    Noooo!!! That would have been insane! Man thatís the most bent shock shaft Iíve ever seen.

Are you running the original 3.8 badlands with a monster slash body? Does that fit and clear ok?

RC Racer
    Noooo!!! That would have been insane! Man thatís the most bent shock shaft Iíve ever seen.

Are you running the original 3.8 badlands with a monster slash body? Does that fit and clear ok?
    2.2/3.0 badlands. I had a flotek body on and it was rubbing from ballooning on 3s so I really cut the fenders back. I love the badlands but they def grow under power! I bought a set of senton 6s tires/wheels and put Tekno 17mm hubs on for them. Wonít be much in the grass but I may get brave tomorrow and try out some 6s power

RC Qualifier
    Ahh that makes more sense scale-wise. Thanks for the info. Hadnít considered the senton wheels. Nice rig!

RC Racer
    Ahh that makes more sense scale-wise. Thanks for the info. Hadnít considered the senton wheels. Nice rig!
    I figure they are made to handle the abuse so Iíd try it

RC Qualifier
    They look really good on there! Seems like a great option, will take a look at it

RC Racer
    They look really good on there! Seems like a great option, will take a look at it
    And cheap on eBay compared to a set of badlands! I stripped a hub on a traxxas wheel/badland tire out ripping around the yard.

RC Qualifier
    Sweet. Will definitely take a look!