RC poster

What batteries to get

I am new to this hobby and I just ordered a slash 4x4 vxl. What batteries should I get? I want to get at least 2 your help is appreciate thanks.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyott View Post
    I am new to this hobby and I just ordered a slash 4x4 vxl. What batteries should I get? I want to get at least 2 your help is appreciate thanks.
    I prefer lipos 5000mah or higher and 50c or higher. The only problem is getting them with the connectors (Traxxas ID style) to fit your new truck.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    SMC batteries. Get a 2s and a 3s. Their website will specify which ones will fit the slash 4x4 chassis. And I am pretty sure the original traxxas connectors will work just fine on the newer model vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by 222 View Post
    SMC batteries. Get a 2s and a 3s. Their website will specify which ones will fit the slash 4x4 chassis. And I am pretty sure the original traxxas connectors will work just fine on the newer model vehicles.
    Yes, the legacy hi-current connectors work with today's Traxxas iD connectors. Could you imagine the chaos the internet would be in if they didn't??
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    The only one's i use are the Trraxxas 11.1 3s batteries, they last a long time in my TRX 4 crawlers.

RC poster
    I just got the 1/16 Slash 4x4 for my daughter. It came with 1 NiMH battery: 1200mAh (6-C flat, 7.2V, 2/3A). If I get her one or two of the LiPo's - 2200mAh 7.4v 2-Cell 25C LiPo Battery, how much more improved run time, etc are we going to see? Is it worth it or should I just get her another NiMH? Right now the NiMH only give her about 30 minutes of run time. If I buy the LiPos I plan on getting the EZ Peak Plus charger as well.

Technically nearly twice as long. The mAh is the gas tank so the larger it is the longer it'll run.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Technically nearly twice as long. The mAh is the gas tank so the larger it is the longer it'll run.
    Thanks for the reply, just ordered a Lipo and charger!