Thread: X-Maxx Body

RC Competitor

X-Maxx Body

Has anyone found a better way to secure the body to the Maxx .... Its always flying off , there has to be a better mounting system to secure to body better

RC Qualifier
    I was hoping Proline would make a bash armor body ASAP and the extra rigidity might help it stay on?

Itís a cool idea but it doesnít really seem more convenient than pins. Pins are inconvenient when changing the battery, the lid popping off 50m away 4 times a pack, more so. :P

Kev Talbot did mod his rustler body by putting a long screw covered in silicon fuel tube through the front mount to extend it. That seemed to work for him.

RC Competitor
    Yeah thats an idea i had but thought there had to be a better way lol

RC Qualifier
    Oh man. I need to make a rule of no posting before coffee. I thought this was regarding the maxx. Proline already make a body for the X Maxx. Iíve been looking but havenít seen reference as to whether it helps it stay on though.

RC Qualifier
    I dont have an XMAXX (yet) but it might be likely that by flying off, the body is absorbing and dispersing crash energy that would otherwise break a part on the chassis or the body itself. Maybe it is better to let the structure come apart on violent impacts?

But I see how it would be annoying if it was a chronic problem.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    As my original body has progressed through it's life, I have repaired and reinforced it with shoo goo, and scrap lexan.
    I have also shoogoo'd the inner cage right to the body. My body does not bend and fold like a stock body. It no longer pops off.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Qualifier
    Yes, reinforcing it with Shoe Goo, Fiba Tape, and body savers takes care of this problem.
    Last edited by drivejumpfly; 12-01-2019 at 11:24 PM.
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    I just shoogoo'd the cage in place instead of the body washers. It's held up more than 2 years
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...