RC Racer

3s battery that fits the MERV

So I searched the forums and found an old thread from back in 2010 that had posts about what 3s packs fit, but a lot of those brand mentioned I canít seem to pull up on google.

So in short, what are your recommendations for 3s lipos that will fit the MERV, and should I just run one pack or run 2 in parallel? I saw a post that said not to run single packs but I donít see why it matters. Thanks for the help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 3s that fit are hard to find. Since alot don't list the dimensions of the packs. But a good general rule of thumb here is 3s packs lower than 2500mah are the only ones that have a chance to fit. There is enough room for larger cells but they are always too thick or too long. I can't testify to a certain one fitting because I have not pulled the trigger on 3s for my MERV but that is what I have run into looking for one.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    The 3s that fit are hard to find. Since alot don't list the dimensions of the packs. But a good general rule of thumb here is 3s packs lower than 2500mah are the only ones that have a chance to fit. There is enough room for larger cells but they are always too thick or too long. I can't testify to a certain one fitting because I have not pulled the trigger on 3s for my MERV but that is what I have run into looking for one.
    I bought a 3s lipo 1400mah, asked the seller if it’d fit the MERV and they said yes. It doesn’t. Have to flex the battery bay plastic and zip tie the door to hold the battery in : /

So that’s why I’m on here. A lot of them as you said don’t have dimensions listed so it’s hard to kno.

RC Qualifier
    Try SMC. Here is one that fits the merv per SMC website.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by 222 View Post
    Try SMC. Here is one that fits the merv per SMC website.
    Man I totally forgot about smc. Iíll have to order up 2 of those after I recover from Black Friday shopping

RC Competitor
    I have a Traxxas 3s 1400 and fits just fine. I prefer dual 2s as it last longer for my son, but nice to have the extra kick of a 3s.

Sent from my ANE-LX3 using Tapatalk
    Stampede 4x4 - 1/16 E.Revo - Bomber & SCX10 - TT02

I been looking for something in the range of 2000mah-2400mah at 3s. I been running 2x 2200mah 2s packs in parallel and recently went brushless and now only have 1 bay for a battery. Making the 1500mah SMC 3s seem abit lacking for what I am used to. I have read several threads about people fitting larger 3s but all have links to discontinued products. So if anyone has a 2000mah or higher 3s in their MERV please share if it is still being sold.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    I been looking for something in the range of 2000mah-2400mah at 3s. I been running 2x 2200mah 2s packs in parallel and recently went brushless and now only have 1 bay for a battery. Making the 1500mah SMC 3s seem abit lacking for what I am used to. I have read several threads about people fitting larger 3s but all have links to discontinued products. So if anyone has a 2000mah or higher 3s in their MERV please share if it is still being sold.
    Same! All of the old threads with larger mah 3s links are no good. Was hoping someone would have some solid info. Iím not opposed to running lower mah batteries, but more is better for longer bash sessions.