Thread: Side guards

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm

Side guards

What are these here for? 80 runs plus on this truck and not one mark on either side. Are they there to hold the body sides in? Stiffen the chassis??? Mine look brand new and I can't figure out a reason to not take them off...

Any thoughts?
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

I like having mine on, but if you don't I'd take them off and see what happens (if anything). The worse thing that could happen (IMO) would be something breaks. If something does break, fix it and put them back on. Then post your findings and we'll all know. (IMO) trying something with my Xmaxx is no big deal unless the consequences would be something I can't handle, like: my car will get reprocessed, or I'll lose my job. If I were facing those kinds of consequences here, then I wouldn't take the chance. But (IMO) I wouldn't be, so I'd give it a shot. That's just me, though, and how I roll.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 11-29-2019 at 05:13 AM.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Iíve banged my nerf bars before. Not many times. But I guess Iím glad theyíre there. I donít think the chassis would have been damaged if they werenít there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Folks want to take them off ,I want to make them stronger ,lol.....stuff happens!

Good Job, and they look good too.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    Good Job, and they look good too.
    Thnx!..

I know it isn't a Maxx ,but it is about side guards ,this is my first Traxxas an I bought it used to see what all the craze
    was about with them!...LOL

When I got it ,one side of the guard was broke ,the stock shocks....BLEH...I had some extra AE Mgt. shocks laying
    around so I put those on an fabbed up some better nerf guards!

If that X Maxx has a lot of power ,then it should have some kind of protection!....

RC Qualifier
    Nicely crafted, they look good and I bet they are tough.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ben1272 View Post
    Nicely crafted, they look good and I bet they are tough.
    Thnx ,The truck came with 2s ,I had 3s from another ride ,3s pushed it pretty good ,an I am glad that I put them
    on ,my G-son smacked a curb pretty hard ,they work well ,as they are pretty much even with the body line an they
    give the body some kind of protection as well!...

On another note where the 3s came from ,that car did not recover from an impact an destroyed the ESC!

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    I was amazed that mine didn't have a single mark on them. I can see how they kind of keep the sides of the body tucked in. Maybe takin them off will let the body flap around. Gonna run without them tomorrow and see what happens
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

There you go. That's the ticket.