RC Enthusiast

Anyone got a early tmaxx 3.3 or 2.5r grey tranny?

Hey yíall. Havenít posted in a while but I am still HUNTING for a grey tranny to put in my tmaxx 2.5. I want it so I can use those old traxxas center cvd axles. I canít find a tranny anywhere. Is the new 3.3 tranny the same as the old 2.5r ones? I am willing to buy a used tranny, even if it had some damage to it.

What tranny do you have now?
    The Grey Tranny has different center shaft lengths than the black one.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Enthusiast
    I have the stock black one. I want to get the traxxas steel center cvds but they only fit that tranny without some serious mods which I really don’t care to do.

RC Enthusiast
    You want to use the center shafts for a 4909 3.3 that had the short chassis with the grey transmission. So you need to find the forward only conversion for that model (Traxxas part# 5195) which will give you the correct shaft. Then you can use any current grey tranny off of eBay.

RC poster
    Just wondering when you install the steel CVD shafts on the grey tranny, how do you get the brake disk on the shaft? I have both tranny's and I too am switching from the black to the grey. My only problem is getting the brake disk on the shaft as the plastic CVD had the pins for it to sit in and the steel ones don't.

RC Enthusiast
    You will need the aluminum disk hub that fits over the tranny side cvd and proper brake disk.
    This is the original brake assembly for the 4909 short chassis 3.3. All long chassis 3.3 (4908 and newer) had a different configuration for the brake disk.
    Parts needed:
    Disk hub #4966x
    Brake disk#5164
    Brake pads#5365
    Brake pad shoulder screws#4978
    Screw for cvd#4927x - listed with plastic tranny yoke (your steel center shafts should come with them)
    Last edited by kick; 12-30-2019 at 08:43 PM.

RC poster
    Perfect, thank you.