RC Qualifier

LCG Chassis Stampede

I love Stampede 2WD. I love to do stuff to them. They're so versatile.
    I've played with weight distribution, under belly trays and battery under the chassis, etc.
    This time, the goal was to actually lower the chassis, battery and electronics in a real way.

So this is the start. A cut chassis, a couple of angles(unsure of which to use) and some spacers.

This is the 1/2" step down for the chassis.

Remounts to the front end.

The spacer, cut out from a Rustler chassis, goes under the shock tower, raising it up 1/2" relative to the chassis.

Side view of it assembled.

Unfortunately I forgot to allow for the 1/8" of saw blade from the cut.
    The batteries were too tight for comfort so I guess I'll have to make another...
    Hey I could make one an 1/8th bigger or, how 'bout, 2 and 5/8ths bigger...
    Make another extended Stampede and put a Slash body on it... Yep!

100% brand new parts poached from 2WD Slash, with PL Big Bores, RPM gear case, ball diff and CVD's.

New longer chassis brace and side rails with speed holes of course!

Here's the finished chassis.

The hardest part was squashing out the lower chassis braces. I snapped one!

I'll be ditching the long hexes for something more appropriate for a short course truck.
    I have a nice body shell and Slash front bumper. I was thinking Badlands SC for tires.
    Electronics to come as soon as I decide which system to put in it...

That's it so far. Center ground clearance lowered by 1/2" AND extended. It should be good!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by fortunespoonz View Post
    I love Stampede 2WD. I love to do stuff to them. They're so versatile.
    I've played with weight distribution, under belly trays and battery under the chassis, etc.
    This time, the goal was to actually lower the chassis, battery and electronics in a real way.

So this is the start. A cut chassis, a couple of angles(unsure of which to use) and some spacers.

This is the 1/2" step down for the chassis.

Remounts to the front end.

The spacer, cut out from a Rustler chassis, goes under the shock tower, raising it up 1/2" relative to the chassis.

Side view of it assembled.

Unfortunately I forgot to allow for the 1/8" of saw blade from the cut.
    The batteries were too tight for comfort so I guess I'll have to make another...
    Hey I could make one an 1/8th bigger or, how 'bout, 2 and 5/8ths bigger...
    Make another extended Stampede and put a Slash body on it... Yep!

100% brand new parts poached from 2WD Slash, with PL Big Bores, RPM gear case, ball diff and CVD's.

New longer chassis brace and side rails with speed holes of course!

Here's the finished chassis.

The hardest part was squashing out the lower chassis braces. I snapped one!

I'll be ditching the long hexes for something more appropriate for a short course truck.
    I have a nice body shell and Slash front bumper. I was thinking Badlands SC for tires.
    Electronics to come as soon as I decide which system to put in it...

That's it so far. Center ground clearance lowered by 1/2" AND extended. It should be good!
    Nice ,I love seeing other folks fab work ,I also like customizing an fabbing my own stuff ,great work!...

RC Qualifier
    In this situation id go with the aluminum chassis braces and bend them to where you need them, that way they arnt on constant tension
    P2de ~ Ultimate Slash 4x4 ~ Bandit