RC poster

Traxxas Stampede 'Off-Road' Truck

I have owned this truck about 5-6 years and wanted to get away from the Monster Truck styling and high centre of gravity. I ended up 'slamming' the body using Slash 2WD body posts and went with Proline Trencher LP tires/Raid wheels. The truck now has an 'Off-Road' look to it, which I really like.

For electronics, I upgraded from the stock XL-5 speed control/brushed motor to running an Hobbywing brushless combo - EZRun Max 10 ESC/3652SL G2 (3300 Kv) motor, with 2S lipo. The HW electronics are excellent and the Max 10 ESC offers tons of adjustability. A Spektrum radio and Savox digital servo control the truck.

The suspension (front/rear arms, bearing carriers, front caster blocks), shock towers and gear cover were all replaced with parts from RPM - they are much stronger then stock and hold up to more abuse.

The truck is much faster and handles better but is still great over the jumps. My 'new' Stampede is once again getting regular rotation in my bashing sessions!

Last edited by PaintItBlack; 11-29-2019 at 11:51 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Man, that is a really nice build, and great pics too! Makes me want to upgrade tapatalk so I can save the originals for reference later.

It looks really well balanaced for performance. Can definitely see how it would be a lot more responsive with the LP trenchers, and much snappier with the Hobbywing system too. Id love to see it in action!

Must. Resist. Checking. If. LP. Trenchers. Are. On. Sale... Looking now...

RC poster
    😁 It does handle nice and really scoots!
    Last edited by PaintItBlack; 11-30-2019 at 02:12 AM.