Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm

Hand cut stock tires.

In my ever evolving quest for better handling, I tried a few runs with the Proline Badlands at our track a couple of months ago. I did not like them. While the xmaxx was more planted over rough terrain at high speeds, everything else about the handling felt like a downgrade. Steering and turn in were noticeably reduced and the truck felt sluggish under power. I could not throw the rear end out and drift through or out of the turns nearly as well as my setup with stock tires. I was slower around the track and felt as if I had to hold back on the throttle to get through the turns. It was not fun to drive.

On the other side of the fence, my stock tires are about 40% worn down, and are not as effective in the loose conditions I mostly run in.

So I wanted more dirt traction, the Badlands weren't gonna cut it, and new stock tires were only gonna give a slight improvement. I looked around at other tire options. Seemed as if most were a good bit heavier than stock.

About that time I got a nice deal in the marketplace on stock tires, and decided to mod them into a more aggressive tread to see if they will grab a little better in the loose stuff:
    Last edited by rag6; 11-30-2019 at 10:36 PM.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

When you get a chance, you'll have to tell us how they worked out for you.
    Die a man, than live like a Traxxas unmentionable.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    I took it out for a run on the street. Drifting all over the place. Put the stock back on and it was much better. These are def not good for pavement lol

RC Qualifier
    That is cool to see you tried it out . Nothing wrong with trying to see if a cheap mod will work. I still think the fishing line mod for these tires is the best mod.
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

Gonna try to get it on some dirt to.orrow

RC Qualifier
    How were they on the dirt?
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours