Thread: Suspen

RC poster

Suspen

I have Upgraded shocks and springs whatís the best way to get more suspension Iíve been blowing out shocks rear?

Probably a little more info is needed. Which erevo do you have? What if any upgrades have you done (including motor/esc)? What type of terrain do you drive on? Jumps? Please elaborate on the issue. What shocks, springs and oil are you using? So many unknowns.

it's alright son, I'll fix it
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

Also, your previous posts are in the nitro section. This is the electric sub forum, maybe posted in the wrong sub forum?

Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC poster
    I am running the Erevo 2.0 with aluminum upgraded shocks with black springs and 40 wt oil....I do big jumps

Quote Originally Posted by FnFancy View Post
    Also, your previous posts are in the nitro section. This is the electric sub forum, maybe posted in the wrong sub forum?

When you say your blowing out rear shocks, are you blowing the shock caps off, tearing off rod ends? How much preload do you have set on your shock collars?

Make sure the chassis bottoms out before the shocks do. I ran into issues when I increased my tire size from 3.3 maxx tires to 3.8" trenchers. I had to move the lower pushrods ends out to a further hole on the arms so that the chassis would hit the ground before the shocks were fully compressed. Without doing that, I was snapping shock shafts and shock ends way too often.

While I preferred to have it stand taller, the geometry wouldn't allow for it, so I had to lower the truck.
    Expert rigging at it's best!