RC poster

Noisy gear sound going forward but smooth in reverse

So on my 4x4 vxl slash I threw a slipper pad and chewed but my sprocket so I replaced the hole assemble and also replaced the rear differential case due to it being worn. But now that Iím all back together it makes a high pitch gear noise going forward but sounds fine in reverse. And yep my back lash is good On the spur gear. Any ideas

RC Champion
    Is your spiller clutch possibly loose? Check the slipper clutch tightness. That or your gear mesh isnít set correctly.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 222 View Post
    Is your spiller clutch possibly loose? Check the slipper clutch tightness. That or your gear mesh isnít set correctly.
    I meant slipper clutch. Darn auto correct.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutter View Post
    So on my 4x4 vxl slash I threw a slipper pad and chewed but my sprocket so I replaced the hole assemble and also replaced the rear differential case due to it being worn. But now that Iím all back together it makes a high pitch gear noise going forward but sounds fine in reverse. And yep my back lash is good On the spur gear. Any ideas
    I would check the pinion. If the front side of the pinion teeth get worn, it changes the pitch of the gear teeth.
    Take a real close look at it, from the end, and see if your teeth are still perfect triangles or not.
    This could cause noise going forward as the nice new spur rubs against the wrong pitch pinion teeth.
    Going in reverse, since the back side barely wears, you would have new spur against proper pitch teeth.
    It's always a good idea to put in a new pinion when you've toasted a spur...

RC poster
    Check slipper, pinion and spur gear wear, as well as the gear mesh. Look up a video on youtube on how to set gear mesh. This is imperative to having your gears last you longer than 5 minutes.