RC poster

What are these plugs?

Anyone know what these do? They were plugged into my receiver box and I think pressing on the link button. I pulled them and cannot find what they are supposed to be anywhere.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

What model of the Traxxas Slash 4x4 did you remove them from? The On Board Audio edition may have something similar.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Qualifier
    Any better pictures of the ends. Is it a plug or sealed end? There is no third wire (yellow). Only can think of some sort of power tap or sensor?

They have power to them so either a voltage sensor or maybe a glitch buster. Griz is right, we need a clearer picture without shadows.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    I had also seen those attached to the ESC ,I would think that they are a glitch filter ,an I would think that they
    are more useful for the brushed motors due to the brushes & com. contact interference!

The ones we can see are JR connectors. The ones in/near the shadow are not identifiable in this picture.

RC Qualifier
    Those do appear to be just a capacitor or like you said, a “glitch buster”. They are used for keeping the esc from having brown out issues. Good for when you are using a power hungry servo like savox. All they do is store a little voltage, and release it when or if the voltage drops. Not necessarily a bad thing.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    is this from a used vehicle or from a new traxxas vehicle?

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo74 View Post
    is this from a used vehicle or from a new traxxas vehicle?
    Used:
    https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...What-do-I-have
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Then almost definitely some glitch buster. They are a preventative measure for voltage spikes, or a band-aid for them.

RC poster
    Thanks guys. They were in a used slash. Still unsure what exact model. It is a brushless vxl model. It did have the factory oba but looking at other models none appeared to have these installed. There were 2 in my receiver.

So they are not needed correct? I have removed them because of some space issues in the receiver box.

RC Qualifier
    Nope they are not needed unless you plan on or have a power hungry servo like a savox, in which case just one is truly all that is needed. They help keep you from having brown our issues with your TX/RX. Which means that you can for a split second lose control of the vehicle or you’ll have a bog down of power to the servo. If you don’t have or plan on using a servo like above said, then by all means get rid of them and free up the space!!

RC poster
    Ok good news. Thanks guys