RC poster

Slash 2wd street tires?

Hi Iím not super new to the hobby but Iím using the stock tires on the slash 2wd 1/10 and they are almost worn slick so I need new tires. Premounted or not Doesnt matter to me. I mainly drive on smooth roads. Iím looking for front tires and rear tires and if they arenít premounts then wheels too. Thanks

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Look at JConcepts GLocs or Duratrax Banditos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Proline Street fighter, prime sc, duratrax upshot are some other ones that may work. Or you can convert to 17mm hexes and use GRP 1/8 buggy tires that are actually smaller in diameter than SC tires.

RC Competitor
    Hey here’s an issue though, I see the street fighters say for rear on 2wd. Front and rear for 4wd............what do you do for the front on 2wd if you want the street fighters

RC Qualifier
    In my opinion Primes would not be a good choice for pavement unless it's a immaculately clean surface. They're really good for hard packed clay. I have street fighters front and rear on a lot of trucks. Because they don't have rounded edges might be the reason they're not recommended for 2wd.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by dgechrgr469 View Post
    In my opinion Primes would not be a good choice for pavement unless it's a immaculately clean surface. They're really good for hard packed clay. I have street fighters front and rear on a lot of trucks. Because they don't have rounded edges might be the reason they're not recommended for 2wd.

so your saying the street fighters are not good on a 2wd slash? Do they even have them for the front?

RC Qualifier
    Street Fighters can be used front and rear on the 2wd Slash, you just need to watch the offset of the wheels. That is where your confusion is I think? If you take your wheels off you will notice the he difference in the length of the hexes.
    That being said I find the Street Fighters to be OK at best, I personally would go the Banditos for asphalt running. If you start running 2s and 3s lipo batteries you will find the Street Fighters quickly become overpowered.

RC Qualifier
    Forgot one, Duratrax also makes the Robber in sc in front and rear offsets I believe.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dgechrgr469 View Post

I like the prime for the 2wd slash since in stock form, other than the OBA model, the Slash has a very high COG and soft suspension, with high grip tires it traction rolls too much on pavement. The prime allows a more controlled slide first and traction is not bad once warmed up.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by chopperguy View Post
    Street Fighters can be used front and rear on the 2wd Slash, you just need to watch the offset of the wheels. That is where your confusion is I think? If you take your wheels off you will notice the he difference in the length of the hexes.
    That being said I find the Street Fighters to be OK at best, I personally would go the Banditos for asphalt running. If you start running 2s and 3s lipo batteries you will find the Street Fighters quickly become overpowered.

So if I want the banditos I just buy a set of four, and have to change the hex or what are you saying I gotta do?

Getting frustrated I can’t just go online and pick out front and rear street tires or this 2wd. Would it be better to buy wheels that fit slash front and back and just glue the tires myself? Will that get rid of the fitting issues?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoBelugas View Post
    Forgot one, Duratrax also makes the Robber in sc in front and rear offsets I believe.
    Would it best to call the tire places like duratrax and say what do I gotta do to make your bandito fit my 2wd or the robber?

Would just buying the wheels for slash 2wd separate then buying the tires and gluing myself be easier? The tires are all the same right? It’s the wheels that are screwing me up right?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The issue is the offsets are different front and rear for the 2WD vehicles. So if you get 4 rears the fronts sit ever so slightly in. You can remedy that with offset hubs, if you want. I ran like that for years so I could rotate tires and itís really barely noticeable.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by JDS123 View Post
    So if I want the banditos I just buy a set of four, and have to change the hex or what are you saying I gotta do?

Getting frustrated I canít just go online and pick out front and rear street tires or this 2wd. Would it be better to buy wheels that fit slash front and back and just glue the tires myself? Will that get rid of the fitting issues?
    My suggestion would be getting a set of the Pro-line split six bead lock wheels, 2 - 2wd fronts and 2 - 2wd rears. 4 - 2.2/3.0 Banditos. The Pro-line wheels are a bead lock type that eliminate the gluing of tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Sambraun View Post
    Hi I’m not super new to the hobby but I’m using the stock tires on the slash 2wd 1/10 and they are almost worn slick so I need new tires. Premounted or not Doesnt matter to me. I mainly drive on smooth roads. I’m looking for front tires and rear tires and if they aren’t premounts then wheels too. Thanks
    Buy a set of these: https://www.amainhobbies.com/rpm-off...kaApDgEALw_wcB
    Then buy any 4x4 slash wheels you want. Duratrax Banditos are a good choice for general on-road driving.
    https://www.amainhobbies.com/duratra...8aAhvQEALw_wcB

P.S. If you want to go fast(40mph+) avoid beadlocks. They are heavy and can't hold a bead when tires balloon. And the cheap ones are severely unbalanced.
    Last edited by zedorda; 12-04-2019 at 08:40 AM.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    Buy a set of these: https://www.amainhobbies.com/rpm-off...kaApDgEALw_wcB
    Then buy any 4x4 slash wheels you want. Duratrax Banditos are a good choice for general on-road driving.
    https://www.amainhobbies.com/duratra...8aAhvQEALw_wcB

P.S. If you want to go fast(40mph+) avoid beadlocks. They are heavy and can't hold a bead when tires balloon. And the cheap ones are severely unbalanced.
    Looks like the best idea thanks

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    The issue is the offsets are different front and rear for the 2WD vehicles. So if you get 4 rears the fronts sit ever so slightly in. You can remedy that with offset hubs, if you want. I ran like that for years so I could rotate tires and it’s really barely noticeable.

thanks man

RC poster
    Thanks a lot for the answers everyone I am not sure what I will buy yet. My question for the banditosis that there are a bunch of them for different cars and none are for the slash. Are they 2.2 offset? And will I need to modify my car to get them to fit.

Also for the JConcepts g locs those are 2.8 so will they put stress on my drive train? Thanks
    Last edited by Sambraun; 12-05-2019 at 12:42 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Thanks a lot for the answers everyone I am not sure what I will buy yet. My question for the banditosis that there are a bunch of them for different cars and none are for the slash. Are they 2.2 offset? And will I need to modify my car to get them to fit.

Also for the JConcepts g locs those are 2.8 so will they put stress on my drive train? Thanks
    I think youíre getting rim size mixed up with offset. 2.8 and 2.2 are the wheel sizes. What tire is wrapped around them obviously can vary greatly. Look at the specs for each tire. GLocs are not heavy btw. I have some, theyíre great if youíre going less than 80

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    I think you’re getting rim size mixed up with offset. 2.8 and 2.2 are the wheel sizes. What tire is wrapped around them obviously can vary greatly. Look at the specs for each tire. GLocs are not heavy btw. I have some, they’re great if you’re going less than 80

Okay so the 2.8 premounted glocs will work with my slash without damaging it or modifying my car?
    Last edited by Sambraun; 12-05-2019 at 12:43 PM.

Okay so the 2.8 premounted glocs will work with my slash without damaging it or modifying my car?
    There could be some minor interference with the body since Bandito 2.8 are ST=Stadium Truck tires commonly used on fenderless vehicles and are alittle wider than your stock tires. If you want near exact stock sized replacements so you can be free of worry that you might need to modify the truck. Then go with the SC=Short Course version. Sorry I linked the 17mm hub version earlier in post #14 please disregard that link.

https://www.duratrax.com/tires/1-10shortcourse.html

Personally I like the Picket SC over the Banditos because they can also handle light off-road.
    Last edited by zedorda; 12-05-2019 at 01:08 PM.

RC poster
    There could be some minor interference with the body since Bandito 2.8 are ST=Stadium Truck tires commonly used on fenderless vehicles and are alittle wider than your stock tires. If you want near exact stock sized replacements so you can be free of worry that you might need to modify the truck. Then go with the SC=Short Course version. Sorry I linked the 17mm hub version earlier in post #14 please disregard that link.

Personally I like the Picket SC over the Banditos because they can also handle light off-road.
    I like the look of the bandtios but they are quite expensive... does anyone have experience with JConcepts goose bumps?

I like the look of the bandtios but they are quite expensive... does anyone have experience with JConcepts goose bumps?
    Goose Bumps are for 2.2" rims and for soft clay track surfaces. They will wear out fast on-road. Plus most 2.2" rims don't fit the Slash. Avg price for a pair of tires that fit the Slash is $30-$40. You will hard up to find anything cheaper than Duratrax that lasts as long.

These: https://www.amazon.com/RPM-Revolver-.../dp/B000VQQD0E
    are the only 2.2" rims I know that fit but may still require trimming the body since they make the tire stick out passed the body.

The Banditos for dirt tracks like the Goose Bumps are still cheaper.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/duratra...xc3800/p642442
    Last edited by zedorda; 12-05-2019 at 11:45 PM.

RC Racer
    Proline Street Fighter wheels are pretty nice, but I would get something with a bit more tread, such as the Proline Badlands, just in case you someday want to go offroad or dirt racing. If you're absolutely sure that you will be driving on smooth roads, go with the street paws. Those are nice.
    Jumping: maneuver and pray it won't break.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by TITANIUM94010 View Post
    Proline Street Fighter wheels are pretty nice, but I would get something with a bit more tread, such as the Proline Badlands, just in case you someday want to go offroad or dirt racing. If you're absolutely sure that you will be driving on smooth roads, go with the street paws. Those are nice.

Well you just swap tires for where your running. You know you gotta get that duffle bag full of your tires for all occasions man

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by JDS123 View Post
    Well you just swap tires for where your running. You know you gotta get that duffle bag full of your tires for all occasions man
    You can never have to many tires, especially racing!

RC poster

Okay so for this link: https://www.duratrax.com/tires/1-10shortcourse.html there are many types of sc tires on that website which would I want to buy

The ones you like but I would google for another vendor that carries them but that is a good site to get the model number of the ones you like to google for them elsewhere.

RC poster
    The ones you like but I would google for another vendor that carries them but that is a good site to get the model number of the ones you like to google for them elsewhere.
    I donít understand are all the wheels the same? Why are there a bunch of brands to choose from but non say compatible with traxxas

RC Qualifier
    The issue is the different offsets from front to rear, a lot of companys make a 12mm hex wheel that will work on the rear (and 4x4s) but not on the front. The way around that is use the RPM offset compensating A arms or the Pro-line Pro-trac front arms. Both of these will allow you to use the common 4x4 Slash wheels front and rear. With the ProTrac arms you might need longer steering and camber links if the stock links won't adjust out far enough (most of the time they will).

RC Competitor
    Itís been a while since I had my slash (I sold everything about 6 months ago) but I was running the Traxxas Anacondas on my 4wd slash with a Castle 1/8 motor & they were awesome!!