RC Racer

Slash 4x4 brushed version discontinued?

So I was perusing Traxxas.com for parts for my stampede to slash converted truck, and happened across the brushed slash 4x4 page and noticed it says discontinued. Does anyone know if they are done with a brushed slash 4x4 or maybe doing a revision? Hereís a pic

I was thinking of maybe grabbing a brushed slash 4x4 for my son, heís not ready for brushless power. Just ask how my Rustler VXL is doing after a 70+ mph crash into a telephone pole with my son at the wheel I think you all know how that ended. I still havenít been able to find one of the front wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketzx1 View Post
    So I was perusing Traxxas.com for parts for my stampede to slash converted truck, and happened across the brushed slash 4x4 page and noticed it says discontinued. Does anyone know if they are done with a brushed slash 4x4 or maybe doing a revision? Hereís a pic

I was thinking of maybe grabbing a brushed slash 4x4 for my son, heís not ready for brushless power. Just ask how my Rustler VXL is doing after a 70+ mph crash into a telephone pole with my son at the wheel I think you all know how that ended. I still havenít been able to find one of the front wheels

The Fiesta ST Rally is basically a LCG Slash 4x4 with a brushed motor. My son-in-law bought one this summer and has since upgraded to the brushless motor and has put a truck body on it.

I get that brushed was entry level to get your feet wet. In reality, it would be cheaper to buy an Ultimate than to upgrade the brushed version to an Ultimate.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

So I was perusing Traxxas.com for parts for my stampede to slash converted truck, and happened across the brushed slash 4x4 page and noticed it says discontinued. Does anyone know if they are done with a brushed slash 4x4 or maybe doing a revision? Here’s a pic

I was thinking of maybe grabbing a brushed slash 4x4 for my son, he’s not ready for brushless power. Just ask how my Rustler VXL is doing after a 70+ mph crash into a telephone pole with my son at the wheel I think you all know how that ended. I still haven’t been able to find one of the front wheels

That is the 68054-4 but the 68054-1 is still selling. So it more likely it is just that paint job that is being discontinued.

https://traxxas.com/products/models/...sh-4x4-brushed

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    I get that brushed was entry level to get your feet wet. In reality, it would be cheaper to buy an Ultimate than to upgrade the brushed version to an Ultimate.
    Definitely true! Just the brushless motor upgrade alone will make up the difference in price and wonít include all the other Ultimate upgrades.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by SMStilwell View Post
    Definitely true! Just the brushless motor upgrade alone will make up the difference in price and wonít include all the other Ultimate upgrades.

I hadnít thought about the fiesta at rally. Didnít realize they share a lot of the same parts. Iíll look into it! And as I said heís just not ready for brushless just yet, so upgrading later on is fine with me. I have a VXL-3s combo as a back up I can toss in when heís ready for more power.

Brushless or Brushed training mode still works with both.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    Brushless or Brushed training mode still works with both.
    This is true.
    I’m still trying to get my wife to try driving with me, but even with retraining mode she is intimidated and afraid she will break my toys .

If you put a six cell nimh battery in a brushless Slash 4x4, it will be slow.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

Traxxas sold a version with the battery and charger, and one without. They're discontinuing the version that came without the battery and charger.
    Manager at LHS ~7 Years. I've seen some stuff lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Traxxas sold a version with the battery and charger, and one without. They're discontinuing the version that came without the battery and charger.

Yep: Know your model number
    The Super Derecho

Quote Originally Posted by SMStilwell View Post
    The Fiesta ST Rally is basically a LCG Slash 4x4 with a brushed motor. My son-in-law bought one this summer and has since upgraded to the brushless motor and has put a truck body on it.

To some degree yes. The chassis is the same but they are narrower as they use the arms and other corner parts from the late Telluride.
    The Super Derecho

Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    To some degree yes. The chassis is the same but they are narrower as they use the arms and other corner parts from the late Telluride.
    I didn't know that. Very interesting. Thank you.

RC Racer
    Thatís some good info, thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
    I didn't know that. Very interesting. Thank you.
    Thatís some good info, thanks for sharing!

Reading through my post again...I want to make it clear that the current Fiesta ST Rally has the narrower arms from the Telluride. It could be seen that I was saying the brushed Slash is narrower than the brushless - nope. The 1st Gen Rally was a LCG Slash 4x4 with a different body (and a few other parts). The Telluride had the Stampede 4x4 chassis and the Telluride/Fiesta ST arms; narrow and short wheelbase and would probably look cool with a Jeep body on it.
    Last edited by Double G; 12-06-2019 at 08:55 AM.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    Reading through my post again...I want to make it clear that the current Fiesta ST Rally has the narrower arms from the Telluride. It could be seen that I was saying the brushed Slash is narrower than the brushless - nope. The 1st Gen Rally was a LCG Slash 4x4 with a different body (and a few other parts). The Telluride had the Stampede 4x4 chassis and the Telluride/Fiesta ST arms; narrow and short wheelbase and would probably look cool with a Jeep body on it.
    Thanks for clarifying Double G. Iíve actually got a rally on hold for me at a hobby shop about 30 mins away. Going to pick it up this coming weekend!