Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    14

    Question Dusty Motors, Outerwears?

    Has anyone contacted these companies yet to see if they are making a shroud for the Maxx? Definitely going to need one because this thing likes to fill up with grass and debris.

  2. #2
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by Killswitch View Post
    Has anyone contacted these companies yet to see if they are making a shroud for the Maxx? Definitely going to need one because this thing likes to fill up with grass and debris.
    I’m using a HR one for the Xmaxx for now.
    2-REVo 3.3
    1 summit
    2-XMAXX
    And many others

  3. #3
    RC Qualifier TITANIUM94010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    San Francisco CA
    Posts
    475
    I'm using a Hot Racing XMX16C02, it's pretty effective at keeping dirt from getting into the insides. There are no shock covers though, so dirt still gets in to that.
    Jumping: maneuver and pray it won't break.

  4. #4
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by TITANIUM94010 View Post
    I'm using a Hot Racing XMX16C02, it's pretty effective at keeping dirt from getting into the insides. There are no shock covers though, so dirt still gets in to that.
    Shock covers are out. Fleabay


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2-REVo 3.3
    1 summit
    2-XMAXX
    And many others

  5. #5
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    470
    I bought one from China on eBay to see how it goes. On its way.

    Search dust cover Maxx 1/10 and they should come up. I bought the one without the zip as the zips looked weak.

    Outerwears would be better quality Iím sure. Hope they jump on it soon.

  6. #6
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by boosta View Post
    I bought one from China on eBay to see how it goes. On its way.

    Search dust cover Maxx 1/10 and they should come up. I bought the one without the zip as the zips looked weak.

    Outerwears would be better quality Iím sure. Hope they jump on it soon.
    I like the quality of the Hot Racing cover


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2-REVo 3.3
    1 summit
    2-XMAXX
    And many others

  7. #7
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    14
    Thanks for the heads up. Iím surprised I didnít find that on eBay. I ended up purchasing the one with the zippers so Iíll let you know how it holds up.

  8. #8
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    12
    Hey @Killswitch, how does it holds up ?
    Thanks !

  9. #9
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by sjauquet View Post
    Hey @Killswitch, how does it holds up ?
    Thanks !
    So far so good although I would wait for Dusty Motors or Outerwears to come out with their version. Not saying this one is bad but if you could wait I’m sure the quality on those would be much more durable.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •