Thread: Self righting

RC poster

Self righting

Hello! This my first traxxas rc with the self righting feature. Iíve seen self-righting many times on videos but never tried it myself. My understanding is that it is supposed to be functional right of the box, correct? I tried it a few time by simply holding down the set button for four seconds and it just never does anything. It appears to just sit there. I understand that it is harsh on the drivetrain and while it was not a selling point for the truck Iíd just like to have a fully functional unit.

Anyone have any tips to offer as to why mine may not be working? Does it require the Bluetooth link. I have one on order but hope it isnít required as I got two of my buddies to make the plunge to get a maxx for each of them. Not sure if their units are self-righting just yet. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Are you turning the wheel or have your finger on the trigger? If so those may cancel the function. Are you running 3s or 4s?

Also, it may be best to walk over and flip it yourself.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    It does not require the Bluetooth link. Works right out of the box. Push and hold the red button down for 4 seconds and then let go. Make sure you are not touching the throttle as that will cancel self-righting. This feature works sometimes on 3s but always works on 4s. When the truck rolls far away from you it is an awesome feature.

RC poster
    Thanks for the replies. I have tried on both 3S and 4S and each time made sure not to touch the throttle or steering and held down set button for more than 4 seconds. Does not seem to be working at all.

I did have to take the truck back into the LHS and had to have the rx replaced because the antenna was cable was apparently sliced by the set screw from the factory. Had major range issues. Though that shouldn't have any bearing on the problem should it?

I'll have to give traxxas a call to see if they can shed any light on the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsl324 View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I have tried on both 3S and 4S and each time made sure not to touch the throttle or steering and held down set button for more than 4 seconds. Does not seem to be working at all.

I did have to take the truck back into the LHS and had to have the rx replaced because the antenna was cable was apparently sliced by the set screw from the factory. Had major range issues. Though that shouldn't have any bearing on the problem should it?

I'll have to give traxxas a call to see if they can shed any light on the problem.
    Maybe they gave you the wrong receiver?
    youtube.com/c/RazorRCvideos