RC Qualifier

Solid axel monster truck ?

I was just bouncing around some “wouldn’t it be awesome?” type ideas.
    I know Traxxas used to have the Monster Jam stampede based trucks. Even without the Monster Jam license do you think they would ever make a scale solid axle type Monster Truck. Or do you think this is a ship that has already sailed/ a market segment they don’t want to jump in?
    Any other “new to Traxxas “ ( but established ) market segments you’d like to see? ( maybe a 2wd Sash based drag car to cash in on the No Prep DC drag popularity )

RC Racer
    For the monster truck, the chances of a solid axel monster truck are pretty low. If it were to be introduced, I feel like not many people would buy it. I could and probably am wrong, but that's what I feel like. Also, the TRX4 with a better motor would be literally just a sold axel monster truck. If Traxxas were to make it wider (to reduce flipping) and get rid of some of the things that make it a true crawler, ie. portal axels, super-soft suspension, that would be a monster truck.

As for a Slash based dragster, that would be really nice, and probably. Considering that No-prep dragsters are gaining popularity, bringing back a drag car (bring back because Traxxas has a retired Funny car) would be very very nice. Traxxas would also benefit from the sales, as a lot of people would purchase it.
    Jumping: maneuver and pray it won't break.

RC Qualifier
    I think you are right, given how popular No-prep RC drag racing is getting , and the slash is a very popular platform for it.
    Also, we know traxxas Loves interchangeable parts ( Pede, Rustler, Slash, etc 4X4 Rustler,4x4 Pede,4x4Slash, Rally etc )

RC Qualifier
    The funny car was awesome and a really bold move from Traxxas. So hard to understand how one thing will not hit the mark and another very similar idea (no prep) will take off. They were well ahead of the game there.

Maybe it’s the parts compatibility as mentioned above? Just made it easier to take the jump.

RC Qualifier
    As for something new, maybe a motorbike?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by boosta View Post
    As for something new, maybe a motorbike?

RC motorbikes have always fascinated me. I have 5 real bikes in the garage right now.
    I also have my old Kyosho Honda NSR500 from back in the day waiting to get restored and put back on the road

RC Qualifier
    Yeah me too, but have just never taken the leap. They should be getting real good these days with all the electronic gyros etc. I like how the 1/5 bikes use standard 1/10 electronics. I’m sure Traxxas would do an interesting and fun take on it.

I rode bikes from 8yo in the paddock. Had to try slow myself down on the road though. Bought a slow bike but even then it still had good brakes. Looked down at the Speedo one day, and was doing 100kmh in between lanes of stationary traffic on a curve at the lights. Sold it after that and haven’t ridden since.

That’s why I RC. Keep my feet safe on the ground as I can’t trust myself. Bikes are just too much fun. Have fun and ride safe mate