RC Racer

Broken.. tekno m6 axle?

Broke what I believe is a tekno m6 axle on my slash 4x4. I should be able to buy attached driveshaft bones to fix it. Right?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Kinda looks like em. If it’s got the larger inner bearing on the axle then yes. Also I recommend taking some down travel out of the suspension as these can’t handle the angles the plastic can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    That is the right part.

Tekno recommends not using them with RPM arms as the RPM flex too much and lead to binding (etc) at angles beyond the CV joint’s acceptable range.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by boosta View Post
    That is the right part.

Tekno recommends not using them with RPM arms as the RPM flex too much and lead to binding (etc) at angles beyond the CV joint’s acceptable range.
    That's very interesting. I bought the car like this but I have noticed some of them have bent a bit. But I have been running like this for about a whole year and this is the first break. I ordered 2 more. Guess if they crap out I'll buy some x dutys. But I'm trying to sell this

RC Qualifier
    You could try Traxxas’s new A arms too, they’re in between the old firmer ones and the RPM. Cheaper than new shafts. I use the original Traxxas ones mostly.

Thats one of the other areas the RPM arms affect the Tekno... side landings compressing the arms in and the dogbones bottom out in the cups and bend.

That may be what has bent yours? I’m pretty sure they hold up ok when bent back though.

I think the Tekno, MIP and Traxxas CVDs all use about the same amount of material in the CV joint itself. That’s where the material is at a minimum. Personally I prefer the Teknos as they’re not overly large and heavy in other areas, when all that force has to pass through the smaller CV joint anyway. In any case they all work fine.

RC Racer
    What are there new a arms?

RC Qualifier
    3655R. They came out with the Rustler 4x4 and are now offered on the slash ultimate etc.

I don’t know if the standard 3655R is the “cold weather” version, which is more flexible than the original arms, but not as flexible as the RPM. From what I understand they still break easier than the RPM but are a good middle ground.

Comes in colours too...

RC Qualifier
    Also meant to agree that the RPM and X-Duties are a very well established combo for reliability.

Don’t mean to detract from that in any way, just filling in a few options.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Looks like tekno. Parts are easily had.

I won't run RPM on this platform. I have several sets in a bin that are bent . They can't support the weight of the vehicle.

That isn't to say I don't like rpm anything. Their arms are the only arms I will run on my mini revo. Just won't run them on the slash.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by boosta View Post
    3655R. They came out with the Rustler 4x4 and are now offered on the slash ultimate etc.

I don’t know if the standard 3655R is the “cold weather” version, which is more flexible than the original arms, but not as flexible as the RPM. From what I understand they still break easier than the RPM but are a good middle ground.

Comes in colours too...

Interesting. I will have to give them a try. Probably buy the fronts only

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo74 View Post
    I won't run RPM on this platform. I have several sets in a bin that are bent . They can't support the weight of the vehicle.

That isn't to say I don't like rpm anything. Their arms are the only arms I will run on my mini revo. Just won't run them on the slash.
    There’s a lot of room for RPM to make a set of Slash 4x4 arms that are more beefy I reckon. Not as floppy but still hardy. Would love to see that.

RC Enthusiast
    Did you take the axle apart? I have broken the axle pins but never an axle.

Note on RPM arms. I have been running them with Tekno axles for a few years. Not saying its right, but it is what it is....