RC Competitor

1/10 Scale Hobbywing system in 1/16 E-Revo?

Hey,
    I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are on putting a Hobbywing EZRun MAX10 brushless combo in my 1/16 erevo. It is the brushed model, so it already comes with the 1/10 mounting plate, so going the 1/10 scale brushless route seemed to be the cheapest. Will be running a 2200mah 2s Gens Ace lipo. Here's the link to the system: https://www.amainhobbies.com/hobbywi...010205/p713298
    I quit using auto-correct. It's changed everythong

It will have np powering the little ole MERV and on 2s will be plenty fast. If you have the newer bulkheads around the diffs with the added screw your diffs might survive awhile if you are not crazy with the WOT all the time.

Not too long ago I put a brushless system in my MERV but a real cheap Goolrc motor and a SW3SCT esc. It is faster than the brushed Titan 12T but nothing compared to the can you are about to tryout. Should be fun but plan for diff work. You might be able to reduce the top speed and diff stress by reversing the trans gears. With the 5400kv of the motor you should have lots of head room since stock brushless is only a 4000kv.

https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...Big-Block-MERV

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    It will have np powering the little ole MERV and on 2s will be plenty fast. If you have the newer bulkheads around the diffs with the added screw your diffs might survive awhile if you are not crazy with the WOT all the time.

Not too long ago I put a brushless system in my MERV but a real cheap Goolrc motor and a SW3SCT esc. It is faster than the brushed Titan 12T but nothing compared to the can you are about to tryout. Should be fun but plan for diff work. You might be able to reduce the top speed and diff stress by reversing the trans gears. With the 5400kv of the motor you should have lots of head room since stock brushless is only a 4000kv.

https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...Big-Block-MERV
    Alright, I'll keep that in mind. I had been wondering how I was gonna mount the ESC in the truck, but then I saw the way you did yours inside of the battery tray, and I've got to say that I never would've thought of that and that it's a really good idea. Thanks for the info.
    I quit using auto-correct. It's changed everythong

It wasn't all my idea, I saw it first on Youtube. His esc was longer and he had to cut a larger slot for it. I was able to leave the rails so I can still mount the stock esc in if I want to and use a 2nd battery again.