RC Competitor

Gotta be a way !!😡

Well it's become very obvious , this thing is awesome , except for the roll overs in speed corners , what are the fixes !!?? E revo exstended hubs maybe !! I'm gunna call and see if any of the guys at Traxxas knows , but info here would be very appreciated

RC Racer
    Jump on YouTube there’s a few vids out about it

RC Qualifier
    There needs to be some sort of active anti-role bar....something that senses the lean and drops the role bar to compensate.....should be achievable with servos I would think. They are already looking at accelerometry for steering stability management, if they added a gyro, they could monitor role and do this! That would be a nifty new Traxxas capability. I think it has been done in full size cars/trucks too.

RC Racer
    That would be very nice and helpful, but adding something so small, considering the size of the chassis, would easily break on high-speed impacts. The servos or gyros would have to be replaced, and overall, the market price would be higher. I'm also skeptical that an anti-roll bar would do anything at 600-700 mph of scale speed. (think about a car going 600 miles per hour, an anti-roll system would barely do anything

Extending the wheels would be the best option out there. Lowering the COG would be almost impossible without sacrificing ground clearance. Driving at a slower speed is also an option, but where's the fun in that!?
    Last edited by Double G; 12-07-2019 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Clutter reduction. Use the edit button to add more
    Jumping: maneuver and pray it won't break.

RC Qualifier
    Traxxas is coming out with a wide kit hopefully in a month

RC Qualifier
    Fundamentally we have to put it into perspective. It’s a short wheelbase, relatively tall monster truck with plush long travel suspension, high cog, and high traction tires. There is only that much we can do with wider width without giving up something else for high speed on high traction surfaces.

I have a couple of money pit Tekno Et48.3 based monster trucks that turn like a dream at high speeds on pavement, but I would not dream of bashing them the same way I would a Maxx without selling a kidney for replacement parts.

RC Competitor
    Yes sir ! I have the tekno mt410 , I was hoping to get close to the stability of the Mt with the max , I think with just a little more width , I'll give up speed for that any time , no wreck it ng the $75 body , no digging your body into the doirt with auto correction or have to walk to turn it over all the time , I ask the traxxas guys , nobody is giving up info on wide kit

Quote Originally Posted by relic01 View Post
    ... what are the fixes !!?? ...
    1. go slower when turning
    2. get a truggy
    youtube: rizzodtheRCvlogger

RC Competitor
    What does slower mean ? I have three truggys

sway bars would help, is this on the upcoming option parts?
    youtube.com/c/RazorRCvideos

RC Qualifier
    There seems to be a pre-drilled hole on the a arms for an additional something, but I can’t tell if it’s for a shock guard similar to the ones for a Stampede 4x4 or sway bar mounts. The area near the bulkheads seem pretty crowded to have a conventional sway bar set up to squeeze in but hey, anything’s possible with enough money.

RC Qualifier
    I gave the bulkheads etc a good look over on disassembly and I can’t see anywhere a sway bar could pass through unfortunately.

So perhaps those arm holes front and rear may be for shock guards and maybe some mud guards on the rears???

RC Competitor
    I feel mine handles great out of the box for what it is. It’s a monster truck not a buggy. It also goes crazy fast for a monster truck of its size. I look at it’s handling issues as a challenge

RC poster
    I ran mine for the first time today, my first real RC. It's quick and exceeds my expectations. That said, I get why those in the know talk about wide kits. Try turning at speed and watch it roll lol. In shallow snow at least, and cold gravel. Still an awesome truck.

RC Qualifier
    The first feedback from wide kit users is coming in now and most seem impressed.

Still waiting to hear feedback on whether the handling remains as responsive, and whether the wide kit plays well with the 1/2” offset OG badlands.

Great to have the option between the two stances!

RC Qualifier
    Boosta people have the wide kit already

RC Qualifier
    The people that have reported back so far seem to be using the stock tyres and they’re really liking it.

Haven’t heard from anyone yet using the wide kit with the badlands which are a 1/2” offset. Keeping an eye out to see how that goes or if it will be too wide.

It might help to recognize the Maxx is a stunt truck, not a racer.

Quote Originally Posted by boosta View Post
    The people that have reported back so far seem to be using the stock tyres and they’re really liking it.

Haven’t heard from anyone yet using the wide kit with the badlands which are a 1/2” offset. Keeping an eye out to see how that goes or if it will be too wide.
    Original badlands keep same width as the stock tires, so should be no problem with the wide kit.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
    It might help to recognize the Maxx is a stunt truck, not a racer.
    Exactly. On the Model Showroom, TRX gives the Maxx a “4” for skill, and the E Revo a “3”. The Maxx is designed to be out of the box a wild bashing ride monster truck. Like a REAL monster truck, it will roll over in a corner if you go too fast! The E Revo looks more like an Indy car, and is way way harder to roll over.

Quote Originally Posted by dimsdale View Post
    Exactly. On the Model Showroom, TRX gives the Maxx a “4” for skill, and the E Revo a “3”. The Maxx is designed to be out of the box a wild bashing ride monster truck. Like a REAL monster truck, it will roll over in a corner if you go too fast! The E Revo looks more like an Indy car, and is way way harder to roll over.
    ...says the guy who's never owned an RC car before???

Anyway, RC cars are for people to have fun and tinker with. If you want it to go faster, people put in bigger motors and spur gears and stuff. If you want it to handle better, tune it and make adjustments. Accepting the out of the box product and saying "it's a XYZ, just accept it" is a stupid way to look at these things.
    Last edited by RazorRC22; 01-07-2020 at 08:06 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    I cheap upgrade I found are 17mm wheel hex with 6mm extension. 3mm per Axle, for a total of 6mm. Also gets rid of that washer and stuff. Also I can put on the pretty 17mm nuts.