RC Enthusiast

Installed the castle b-link

Just a heads up to anyone wanting real time adjusting in the field using their phone the castle b link works perfectly left installed as long as you go to the settings and disable link live. Before disabling that one setting I wasn’t able to leave the link installed it wouldn’t allow the esc to arm. Castle couldn’t even figure out how to get it to function as designed since they thought turning off live link would disable the radio esc, it doesn’t. The other thing is if you want to run the torque test you’ll need to do the test and then unplug the esc from the rec to reset it and end the test since the radio failsafe kicks in when you shut off the transmitter as instructed and the test won’t complete.

Hope this helps anyone wanting to try and tame this thing for more than just straight line runs.

RC Qualifier
    Thatís great info mate! Thanks for sharing.

RC Enthusiast
    Not a problem, it really looks like it’s going to make this car into a drivable machine that can easily be dialed in to any road conditions. It even allows settings in the start power which makes for a much smoother start, torque control and punch control and even an adjustable graph. Download the castle app and it has a demo mode to let you see what you’ll be able to do.

RC Qualifier
    Iíve just finally bought one but to use on a castle system. So some of those tips above may still come in useful, especially for the radio failsafe and motor test.

Looking forward to it too, should make tuning much more possible. Pulling apart the rx box and unplugging etc to change a setting got real old before it even started

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah that radio box is the biggest pain to get into. I ended up using zip ties to tie the link to the aluminum top brace with the esc plug under it and the link wire going into the box instead of the esc wire since there’s not enough room to run both into it and keep the connection inside. I just made sure to use a generous amount of electric grease on the plug to prevent any corrosion.

RC Enthusiast
    Just ran it for the first time since installing the b link. The last run I had with it unlocked with factory settings and an 18t pinion and if you were ever so slightly too heavy on throttle leaving a corner it would break the wheels and spin loose and motor temps were in the mid 150f, after setting the torque control to 5.0 and punch control to 30% I can now exit a corner lighting fast and still break the wheels but it’s shifted that power point further into the trigger but with a nice gradual curve. I got kicked out of the parking lot by the police but I’ll get more testing in when it’s daylight and they won’t tell me to leave��

RC Qualifier
    Nice. And I take it from what you were saying about the before motor temp it runs cooler now too?

RC Enthusiast
    Jesus sorry yeah I got side tracked with the kids and wife running around, the temps didn’t pass 96f this go around with lots of repeated starts and stops and this is with the starting power on high for a smooth slow start.

RC Qualifier
    Sounds well tuned and much more usable. Itís hot here so always looking for ways to lower temps.

These B-Links are cool, but they are far too expensive IMO. HobbyWing has this feature built into some of their ESCs and Castle, Tekin, etc should be doing the same. Hopefully the next generation of their ESCs will have Bluetooth built in.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah definitely! Held off for ages due to the high price. Hobbywing make a blue tooth link too and itís the same price. The HW ESC I have doesnít have it built in and needs the linker :/

Maybe thatís part of the reason the HW 1/10 racing ESCs are so expensive?

RC Racer
    Traxxas Bluetooth link is 39.99, and castles Bluetooth link is 49.99. Only 10 bucks more, so not that expensive. The way you guys were talking you made it like it was just stupidly high priced. For 50 bucks, I think youíre getting a deal with what it can do. Just my thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    I felt it was a good price, it’s water proof and well made and it’s not like you can’t access most of these settings without it but with this it’s sooo much more convenient to tappa tappa tappa and flip the switch and presto it’s all the way you want it!