RC Enthusiast

How many of parts have you had to buy to keep your UDR running

I have had to spend around 800$ in upgrades to keep my udr running and it is starting to make it about 15 packs before it breaks.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikemort View Post
    I have had to spend around 800$ in upgrades to keep my udr running and it is starting to make it about 15 packs before it breaks.
    None, because I don't have a UDR.

But I think that this depends on the driver more than the vehicle itself, I personally know a guy that has had his UDR for 8 months and has only burnt out a servo. This is mainly because he drives it in a scale manner, he doesn't use it as a basher.
    The present is theirs; the future, is mine.

RC Competitor
    These rigs were never meant to go bashing on 6S on sport mode on a regular basis. I call it “Insane mode”. Sport mode on 4S hurt my UDR before I went to training mode. And when I remove the body and tires (after every session) to check on the fasteners, I have to tighten more in sport mode than training
    Besides it handles better, looks more realistic, still throws rooster tails and power slides (without the tumbling) and runs longer. I bet 6S on training mode is still cheaper than thrashing the **** out of it. And eventually it isn’t so funny anymore when you break too many parts, your bank account and your relationship with your significant other(s)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RC Qualifier
    What breaks?

Is it the same part over and over, or different parts?

What batteries are you using, where are you driving it, and how do you drive (massive jumps, low speed on flat terrain...)?

I've had mine for about 1 year and have only had one minor failure from a tire bead coming unglued.

RC Enthusiast
    No They have all been different

I have not bashed it very hard at all the furthest by far was at the sand dunes and it was about 25 feet with a very smooth landing.

RC Enthusiast
    I also am running two traxxas 5000 mah 3s batteries.

RC Enthusiast
    you Can spend 800$ on an rc truck and drive it like a grandma but I’ll drive mine like it’s meant to be driven.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the answers on what / how you drive.

Now, 25 foot jumps with the UDR, even landing on soft sand is pushing the truck's limits in my opinion. And with 6S power, those limits are probably not just getting pushed, but they're getting the crap kicked out of them.

Which is fine. Your UDR is yours, and you should drive it how you like to drive it. That's what you bought it for.

But if I sent a 25 foot jump, even once, I would expect something to break / bend upon landing. I guess its the landings that kill, moreso than the jumps.

RC Competitor
    I did a lot of work on the rear end. And bought a spare complete rear that I havnt needed. My whole center trans is original untouched.electronics are original. I went with futaba radio 4pk . Fixed droop in the front so axles don't bind. I use it 10 minutes every day (drifting,street,grass)for 6 months and it doesn't break on 6s

RC Enthusiast
    I’ve rebuilt the rear end and the transmission about 20 times