No-Prep Drag Racing

I am hearing more and more about No-Prep RC Drag Racing, anyone participate in this?

From what I have read and the videos I have seen, the 2WD Slash and Rustler are very popular build platforms for this style of competition.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    I am hearing more and more about No-Prep RC Drag Racing, anyone participate in this?

From what I have read and the videos I have seen, the 2WD Slash and Rustler are very popular build platforms for this style of competition.
    True. I've been considering doing one, based on the Slash (not sure about the Rustler, as it has a shorter wheelbase...not good). Ty (of Tekin) recently finished a video series showing exactly how to do it (using a 2WD Slash). Harley (of Vanquish) is about to start a video series using an Associated SC10. It'll be interesting to see which makes a better drag car.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

Traxxas did a write-up with video on it back in the spring:
    https://traxxas.com/news/custom-drag-slash

JConcepts has one too: https://www.jconcepts.net/garage/pro...inator-concept
    Last edited by Double G; 12-11-2019 at 09:21 AM.
    The Super Derecho

Drag racing comes and goes, but it never stays. Not too many people have fun just driving in a straight line for a few seconds.

I will say now is as good a time as any to build because JConcepts has released some awesome, Chevy muscle car bodies!

Quote Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
    Drag racing comes and goes, but it never stays. Not too many people have fun just driving in a straight line for a few seconds.

I will say now is as good a time as any to build because JConcepts has released some awesome, Chevy muscle car bodies!
    I've also found a fantastic Corvette drag body.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

RC Qualifier
    There are some great body and wheels out right now for short course truck based Dragsters

Its here in MO locally a rc club meets in an industrial park and does 300' runs with traps. Most are in 80's and 90's, I only clocked a 54mph I think it was in 300'. I know 2 guys who can hit 105-109 in 300' that's trap speeds not a gps!!!!!! I just accomplished my triple digit run I'd been chasing for a few years. I hit 102mph. I laughed at myself when I thought about it. They are doing in 300' what took me 700' to do lol. I'm excited to take my actual dragster up there and see what it can do. Its Traxxas, kinda, jato front end, rustler rear end and a TQi radio.
    Last edited by Briber; 12-20-2019 at 02:44 PM.
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

I've thought about it, but only going in a straight line seems like it will get boring fast. Also add the fact that i'm not much of a muscle car fan and would rather have a TC or F1 car for on road.

Quote Originally Posted by hammie4c View Post
    I've thought about it, but only going in a straight line seems like it will get boring fast. Also add the fact that i'm not much of a muscle car fan and would rather have a TC or F1 car for on road.
    USGT, all the way.