Thread: 3s Lipo trouble

RC poster

3s Lipo trouble

So I have two 3s lipos for my e-revo vxl 4wd 1:10 scale and I come home one day wanting to drive it around outside and the batteries not charging. Idk what's going on but I know for a fact I charged them up too 100% and they were unplugged from the R.C. Please let me know if any of you have answers.

RC Champion
    You need to put the batteries into storage mode when you are done using them. Do not charge them to 100% then place them away. This will ruin lipo batteries if they are left for any extended period of time, like more then a day or two. You may have ruined the batteries if you charged them to 100% and put them back away. You should have placed them into Storage Mode, which either discharges or charges the batteries to where each cell should read approx. 3.85vdc.
    Also if your batteries are puffed up donít keep using them as this could result in them causing you issues. Traxxas does have a warranty program for their batteries.
    As I said, you dint charge lipo batteries to 100% then place them on the shelf. Best thing to do with them is to call traxxas and see how mhch itís going to cost to replace them. Sorry for the bad news. Read up on lipos and how you need to handle charging them and also how to properly store them.

Yep chances are your batteries are done for if you stored them at full charge.

RC poster
    Turns out the Charger was defective, it was a brand new Ez-Peak single charger and I think my local hobby shop said something about it having to do with the port where you plug in the battery or something like that, I really don't remember tho. It displayed that the batteries were charged but it didn't charge them at all, I got a replacement and thank god for warranties.