Thread: cheapest roller

RC poster

cheapest roller

Hello,
    im looking to build from scratch and i just want the cheapest possible roller. im talking like 30 dollars even. it doesnt have to be good, it can even be a wallmart roller. lol.at least 1/10. but if anyone can find a slash roller for cheap that would vbe great.
    thanks

RC Racer
    Even the crappiest slash roller is over 100 dollars on eBay. Iíve been looking for a decently priced slash 4x4 roller for months, and the cheapest roller I found so far was 139, and it was just nasty. Itís like the previous owner just dunked it in gunk. You might be better off just saving up for a brand new slash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F272117917083

RC Qualifier
    The bone stock 2wd slash in brushed form is THE base model bargain among all TrAxxas models, in that it is the only xl-5 model that uses the same hex hardware, bearings, adjustable turnbuckles+links, servo, etc as its vxl brothers. The same cannot be said of the 2wd rustler, stampede, bandit, 4wd slash, stampede, rustler, where the xl-5 versions have significantly inferior hardware.

In short, save you money and get a brushed 2wd slash new and toss the esc and motor if you want but the rest of the car is truly brushless and build ready.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by RC Dad View Post
    Not really worth it, 40+ for the transmission alone and then shocks, tires, body, radio, motor combo. Might as well just get the XL5 for 159 imo

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketzx1 View Post
    Not really worth it, 40+ for the transmission alone and then shocks, tires, body, radio, motor combo. Might as well just get the XL5 for 159 imo

Most people don't buy a roller like that to put stock parts on. They don't want the stock transmission, shocks, tires, body, radio, or motor combo.

But finding a Slash roller for under $75 is near impossible.

RC poster
    thank you all for your help