RC Competitor

MAXX - rear diff fluid weight

Any input here as to what weight is working for different terrain? I've seen the info out there about putting 500k in the rear to make it more stable. Are there any other weights working well for other maxx users? I believe stock weight is 50k anyone try 100k? any difference?

RC poster
    Hi, I was just about to start a thread about this. I've been wondering the same. So far on mine , i've changed my centre diff to 60k although some have mentioned 500k !!, and rear to 10k, but not many people talk about the front. What is the general consensus for all 3?

It be interesting to see

RC Competitor
    i think the maxx comes with either 2m or 20m in the center not sure why you'd change that to 60k?

i put 500k in my rear and have no regrets. i bash it on grass and in the street. i also put some erevo2 tires on mine with a 20t pinion(24t is stock)

Quote Originally Posted by Callerz View Post
    What is the general consensus for all 3?
    No such thing. Everyone has a different opinion.
    youtube.com/c/RazorRCvideos

Quote Originally Posted by RazorRC22 View Post
    No such thing. Everyone has a different opinion.
    Agree 100%, thats why i run, after longterm testing 10k rear, 50k mid and front, and its a dream, so easy to drive. Still flips or wheelie if we need to.
    TpParts RcXtreme | Xray XT8e | MAXX 4s | XMAXX 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Callerz View Post
    Hi, I was just about to start a thread about this. I've been wondering the same. So far on mine , i've changed my centre diff to 60k although some have mentioned 500k !!, and rear to 10k, but not many people talk about the front. What is the general consensus for all 3?

It be interesting to see
    Keep the stock 50K in front if you ask me, less steering, go up. Mainly people try to prevent stuff ( such as balooning, or it diffs-out" ) and never asked them self after running it.."what they want the car to do" m
    TpParts RcXtreme | Xray XT8e | MAXX 4s | XMAXX 8s

RC Competitor
    wrong post ignore me

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by whoflungpoo View Post
    i think the maxx comes with either 2m or 20m in the center not sure why you'd change that to 60k?
    Ive been watching Thomas P :-)
    Last edited by Double G; 05-02-2020 at 08:00 PM. Reason: fixed quote

RC poster
    I run 100K front, Stock 20mil center and 500k Rear. Mainly, the rear needs some lockup to keep it from diffing out and rolling over. You can see by this short clip how the left rear tire ballons and throws it a bit sideways.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by BashedNotBeat View Post
    Any input here as to what weight is working for different terrain? I've seen the info out there about putting 500k in the rear to make it more stable. Are there any other weights working well for other maxx users? I believe stock weight is 50k anyone try 100k? any difference?
    A fair warning running 500k in the rear will eat up your tires a lot faster if running on the street. However it makes it great for running on grass, stabilizing wheelies w out diffing out, and being able to ride on the side wheels longer

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas P View Post
    Keep the stock 50K in front if you ask me, less steering, go up. Mainly people try to prevent stuff ( such as balooning, or it diffs-out" ) and never asked them self after running it.."what they want the car to do" m
    I agree with Thomas 1000%. Locking up the diffs defeats the whole purpose of what they're for.
    youtube.com/c/RazorRCvideos

RC poster
    That's what I thought, So now im running Front 50, mid 6k, rear 10k, grips like a beast but im overheating quite quick. Im not sure of the temp cut off for this so im just watching the app go very red ! it warns me at 150

RC poster
    I am running 500 center and 500 rear and that keeps the wheelies tamed. You can actually do speed runs and not have it go all over the road and tipping over. its almost impossible to tip it over on gravel or loose dirt now. I really like it now. I'm also running 3.8" badland tires 149mm