RC Racer
    [Typewriter noises] . . . Somewhere in the Eastwest . . .

Ultimate RC ended?!?!

I tried to access the article for the J-SPEC cars today, and something terrible happened . I got a 404 error code, so I then tried to use the site search feature, but when I tried to access the main page, but it redirected me to the URC YouTube channel. I tried several times with no success. I really hope that someone is running a reboot of the site , but I doubt it. Let me know if it's just my device. http://ultimaterc.com.

May you rest in peace, URC.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah Jang quit doing rc because his local track had to move and it was too much to drive there and back for his rc reviews. He’s now doing Legos on YouTube, look up Jangbricks and you’ll find him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, sadly it has been a good number of years that URC has been down. His server was having problems, it had gone down a couple of times in a short amount of time, the last time was it and he just never brought the site back up. His videos are still available on YouTube.

Now he is make Lego videos, JangBricks. He says he is not returning back to RC, but as we all know, once you get the bug, it is really hard to get rid of.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Racer
    [Typewriter noises] . . . Somewhere in the Eastwest . . .
    Sorry for the slight lack of sense in the original post. I was a little emotional.

I am aware that he hasn't been updating since around 2013, but the site has always been up in the almost 2 years I have been looking into a hobby-grade RC. I tried to access the site (link in post #1), and instead of taking me to the site, it put me directly to the YouTube channel. The site had a lot of info on it, most of which I haven't got around to reading.

It appears that rcmania.com is the only of his sites currently working.

As The Jang posted on his YouTube channel:

Q: Why haven't you made new videos since 2013?
    A: My local RC track facility was forced to move a long ways away. Meanwhile, nearly every open space in my heavily populated area is explicitly, legally off-limits to RCs and regularly patrolled by rangers and/or police and I've been kicked out too many times. I have absolutely NO good place to legally drive & film within a reasonable distance and there is nothing I can do to change this.

Q: Have you created a new RC channel?
    A: No. Beware of shameless lying impostors If you don't see something posted by a verified account of mine on UltimateRC.com itself, assume it's false, including "screenshots" as they are easier than anything to fake.

Q: Will you come back to RC?
    A: Most likely no.

Q: Why did you disable comments on existing videos on this channel?
    A: You know, *most* RC hobbyists are cool folks. YouTube though, harbors an extraordinarily large population of the most vitriolic, extremist brand loyalists & haters who make it their life's purpose for weeks at a time to develop and then spread the most ridiculous fabricated stories to try to tear down a guy who happened upon a little success & popularity as a result of working hard & sharing something he loves to do. I don't have time for that mess; I choose focus on the good stuff in life!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Qualifier
    It's too bad Jang got out of the hobby. He had lots of good videos on YouTube. If you live in a big city it's always hard to find good places to play in town. When I go crawling I'm up in the hills behind my house or up in the mountains. Any that goes fast I have a few fav spots to go to. There's even a new unofficial track close by but I havent had the time to go play on it. I feel lucky to have theses go fast playgrounds around. There's 2 local tracks around my area for s.c. and buggies, haven't visited either for a few years though.