RC poster

Clod tires and wheels on new maxx!

I bought a maxx a few weeks ago and love it, but it's just too narrow. I ordered a set of the tekno 12mm aluminum hexes for 6mm axles. They fit perfect. I did have to trim the back lip off the proline clod wheels so the tires sits on the inside lip to narrwow them so they would clear the front arms and steering knuckles, but wow this thing looks amazing! And its much wider. I will try to upload pics later...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzman View Post
    I bought a maxx a few weeks ago and love it, but it's just too narrow. I ordered a set of the tekno 12mm aluminum hexes for 6mm axles. They fit perfect. I did have to trim the back lip off the proline clod wheels so the tires sits on the inside lip to narrwow them so they would clear the front arms and steering knuckles, but wow this thing looks amazing! And its much wider. I will try to upload pics later...
    If you use tapatalk you can upload picture .
    I hope to see it. That sounds awesome.
    Last edited by Dakratfink; 12-18-2019 at 09:28 PM.

RC poster
    I dont have tapatalk...? Im on my laptop. Il have to figure out how to get em on here somewhow.

Most people who don't use tapatalk use imger or imageshack to host pictures on PC. I would also like to see the stock maxx tires compared to the clod tires.

RC poster
    Ok. I uploaded the pics to imageshack. I'll try to put the links here... let me know if you guys can view them or not? I had a chance to run it tonight for the first time and WOW. Almost impossible to flip this thing, even at high speed turns. Awesome!!
    https://imageshack.com/i/pmH250OZjhttps://imageshack.com/i/pm678QGVj

Last edited by Double G; 12-19-2019 at 09:02 PM. Reason: merge

Pictures are working. Looks great!

RC Qualifier
    I love it !

RC Qualifier
    Looks good

RC poster
    Thanks guys!

RC Enthusiast
    Nice! How much wider is this than stock? Curious how it compares to the Traxxas wide kit that I think adds about 40mmm.

I just got mine a few days ago and love it. It's my first real RC car. But it is definitely too easy to tip/roll it. I'm sure part of that is the cold and snow, but still.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by coop3422 View Post
    Nice! How much wider is this than stock? Curious how it compares to the Traxxas wide kit that I think adds about 40mmm.

I just got mine a few days ago and love it. It's my first real RC car. But it is definitely too easy to tip/roll it. I'm sure part of that is the cold and snow, but still.
    Il have to measure to be sure, but im guessing from outside tire to tire width is at 16". Dont know what stock is? Ive bashed it hard with the clods and so far no issues watsoever. :-)

Your Clods really gives your Maxx a great monster truck look...really, really a nice job!
    Die a man, than live like a Traxxas unmentionable.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    Your Clods really gives your Maxx a great monster truck look...really, really a nice job!
    I think it does too. Just looks more realistic. Thanks! I just measured the width and outside tire to tire is 17.5". With the longer wheelbase of the maxx, it doesn't look out of proportion and handles like its on rails...