RC poster

New to xmaxx Parts suggestions

I just picked up a used xmaxx it is running good right now but definitely want to do some repairs on it as some parts are rough. My main questions are concerning spur gears and the differential ring and pinion gears. iím going to tear the truck apart and rebuild all of this I was planning on running the new spiral cut ring and pinion heavy duty gears in the differentials with 100,000 weight oil. I actually like the factory gearing on the truck as I donít want it to go super fast however if you have a
    ny options for a slightly lower gear for a little more torque this would be OK would you guys recommend running the hardened ones from factory or getting some mod one gears I think that is what you use to be honest Iím not really sure about the whole Mann thing as I am totally new to all of this. If I am correct the mod one gears would work on the stock Motor and give me a little stronger gear mesh or am I wrong on this. Recommendations would be great canít wait to get this thing back in fighting shape. Thanks for all of the help

Ps I am mainly going to be running my truck in Grassfields and a little bit of asphalt not planning on doing any heavy bashing like 20 or 30 foot jobs just doing smaller jobs and basic stuff not planning on going terribly crazy as I canít afford to break this thing in half. If this makes any difference on your purchase choices also what would you guys recommend as far as fluid for the center DEF

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis1210 View Post
    I just picked up a used xmaxx it is running good right now but definitely want to do some repairs on it as some parts are rough. My main questions are concerning spur gears and the differential ring and pinion gears. iím going to tear the truck apart and rebuild all of this I was planning on running the new spiral cut ring and pinion heavy duty gears in the differentials with 100,000 weight oil. I actually like the factory gearing on the truck as I donít want it to go super fast however if you have a
    ny options for a slightly lower gear for a little more torque this would be OK would you guys recommend running the hardened ones from factory or getting some mod one gears I think that is what you use to be honest Iím not really sure about the whole Mann thing as I am totally new to all of this. If I am correct the mod one gears would work on the stock Motor and give me a little stronger gear mesh or am I wrong on this. Recommendations would be great canít wait to get this thing back in fighting shape. Thanks for all of the help

Ps I am mainly going to be running my truck in Grassfields and a little bit of asphalt not planning on doing any heavy bashing like 20 or 30 foot jobs just doing smaller jobs and basic stuff not planning on going terribly crazy as I canít afford to break this thing in half. If this makes any difference on your purchase choices also what would you guys recommend as far as fluid for the center DEF
    Go with HR, or GDS for gears. Some have suggested Arrma pinions. I would skip the traxxas gears. And donít worry about breaking it in half. The chassis is cheap. Good way to get to know the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk