RC Enthusiast

New xmaxx tsm issues

So first when i took my new xmaxx at home, i wanted to try it inside before going out and i noticed that when i had tsm turned on when i back up it ended up always turning left gradualy as long as i back up, so traxxas sugested me to get the Bluetooth link for the receiver to update my electronics. Just did that today but its still doing the same thing, any of you guys know what it could be ?
    Now they want me to send them my receiver so i can have another one on waranty but i dont want to be like a month without my truck ( i live in camada ) so i thought i woild check here first. Btw im french so pls dont mind my poor english

RC Enthusiast
    Also when i stop backing after a while wheels resets straight again and some other times they just start jigling left and right really quickly until i turn off tsm completly off

RC Champion
    Does it do this with TSM turned off? Also have you tried turning the TSM down through your Bluetooth link? Just may need to be adjusted as to not engage when you reverse. Not sure if this is the correct answer, but seems appropriate. Hope you get it resolved.

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah if i turn tsm completly off the truck is driving fine , i am just wondering if the is something wrong with the tsm or if its normal

RC Racer
    My experience with TSM is that if your driving slow and in tight spaces with the TSM on 75% to 100% it will effect your steering. Also, If you tried to adjust steering trim with the TSM on it will effect it also.

RC Competitor
    If going slow turn tsm off. TSM will turn when backing up on my 3 xmaxxs and maxx. So I just kind of accepted it.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by TC450 View Post
    If going slow turn tsm off. TSM will turn when backing up on my 3 xmaxxs and maxx. So I just kind of accepted it.
    Ok thanks for the info !! Yeah i can live with it too i was just worried that there was something wrong with the receiver (tsm) because its my first traxxas with tsm

You really dont need it. I'd be surprised if you dont end up turning it off and never think about it again. I have 12 in my fleet and I have it turned off on all. It actually makes the vehicle act strange once you get the feel of tx and trucks actions. I do admit using it and being excited about the feature in the very very beginning of my rc adventures years ago. I even thought it's a must on my speed runner til I ran couple of 100+ mph runs and realized I never turned it on lol.
    Last edited by Briber; 12-24-2019 at 01:47 PM.
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Briber View Post
    You really dont need it. I'd be surprised if you dont end up turning it off and never think about it again. I have 12 in my fleet and I have it turned off on all. It actually makes the vehicle act strange once you get the feel of tx and trucks actions. I do admit using it and being excited about the feature in the very very beginning of my rc adventures years ago. I even thought it's a must on my speed runner til I ran couple of 100+ mph runs and realized I never turned it on lol.
    Yeah im pretty sure ill end up turning it off most of the time its just that ive never had something this size moving that quick and i find tsm usefull for now ,,, only rc driving experience i have is a stock summit so im definitely not used to that much power haha

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Does it have issues when tsm is 50%? Should have no issues at 50%

I keep mine off on my x...
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah it does the same at 50%

RC poster
    I have the same problem with my xmaxx which i bought last week. Did you find a solution?

RC Enthusiast
    No not yet ,,, well some people say that its kinda normal so i think I’ll live with it its not that big of a deal

We just had like 4 inches of snow last night ,,, that thing is a beast in the snow , i can only imagine what it would be with paddle tires
    Last edited by Double G; 12-28-2019 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Language

RC Enthusiast
    I have encountered the same thing with my Slash 4x4 VXL and my X-Maxx 8S. But it is only a problem in reverse. I have never thought of it as a problem though, when I reverse slowly it keeps it straight, it's only when there is wheel spin that it turns. Like the others say, rather turn it off and only use it when doing high speeds on loose surfaces.
    Slash 4x4 VXL
    Revo 3.3
    X-Maxx 8S

RC poster
    I have heard that you should turn off TSM to better control Xmaxx while jumping. Can anyone verify?
    MonkeyBoy

RC Qualifier
    UDR does this as well.

RC Qualifier
    Make sure your servo is lined up properly when the truck is on and upside down
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours