RC Racer

Modified stock tires

I found by removing some material from the stock tires, I gained improved steering response in dirt. Just a tip I found, figured I'd share it with y'all.

Looks good. Been thinking about doing the same to my Pit Bull Growlers, but not sure on how to go about doing it...what did you use? X-Acto? Dremel? Curved Lexan scissors? What?

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

RC Racer
    Dremel with a cutting wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Username for me View Post
    Any cutting disc (plastic, metal, something else) in particular? I've got the 50-piece kit, so I've got the great majority of attachments.

The Growlers are a really soft/sticky compound, so they "catch" very easily. On my first Capra, I've already replaced the Growlers with the new Landmines from JConcepts (more appropriate tread pattern for my Imperial Stormtrooper-themed vehicle). My plan is to use the (modified) Growlers when I build the 2nd Capra, which won't have any "special theme".

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

RC Racer
    Metal cutting wheel at high speeds. Cuts fast, just be careful not to cut too deep. You got any pics of this storm trooper vehicle?

RC Qualifier
    Ive done this to split tread blocks by grinding a groove though them, creating more bite.
    Ive never outright took out the whole tread block. I'll be trying this with stock Slash tires.
    I think Talons would really benefit from this selective tread removal as well. Great idea!

Metal cutting wheel at high speeds. Cuts fast, just be careful not to cut too deep. You got any pics of this storm trooper vehicle?
    Here ya go. Officially, it's the Axial Capra...but mine is, obviously, unlike any other.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    Here ya go. Officially, it's the Axial Capra...but mine is, obviously, unlike any other.

Oh man! That's sweet! I'm wanting to get a trail truck pretty soon, especially after seeing that.

RC Competitor
    Use cuticle cutters, looks like pointy dikes, and super sharp too. Snip the tread by pinching up the tire.

RC poster
    That is the coolest build ever! I was thinking my scout trooper might make a good crawler driver, maybe carrying his speeder bike.

You might have given me some ideas for my TRX Tactical body.