RC poster

Idle screw tuning

Hey guys! It's my first time posting on this so I hope I did everything correctly. I have a Revo 2.5R with a revo 3.3 engine that is brand new and is all ready broken in. It was broken in well but all of a sudden the car is idling and at least half throttle when I'm not pulling the throttle. The idle screw is all the way in and from what I've read, if it's like that it shouldn't move. I don't know what to do, anyone have this problem?

Reset the needles to factory settings, it's a good idea to do this anytime you are having tuning issues.

Were you using it when the idle changed or is the idle different than when you last used it? If the idle suddenly becomes much higher without adjusting any settings I would look for a possible air leak. Look at the fuel tank seal, rubber exhaust coupler cracked, also check to make sure the throttle closes all the way.

RC poster
    Ok, Thanks I was also thinking could it be an issue with the low speed needle?

Yes it could be. That's why it is easy to go back to factory settings and retune from there, rather than trying to tune from needle settings you don't remember where they are at.

For reference: Traxxas-Factory-Carburetor-Settings

RC Qualifier
    when you say idle screw is all the way in, do you mean all the way clockwise? because that would turn the idle up higher. counter clockwise is lower idle.

I agree with setting all needles including idle back to factory and then following tuning guide

also wouldn't hurt to remove air filter and look to see if servo is closing carb all the way when trigger is at idle position

RC poster
    yes I did screw it clockwise all the way in I will reset everything and then try from there. Thanks for all the help!