RC Competitor

New battery is not charging on two different chargers

Hello,
    I bought my son a 2wd Slash for Christmas. Decided to get everything charged up so he can go play with it right out of the box. I bought two extra batteries, both of those charged fine, but the one that came with the truck does not charge with any charger. I have the EZ peak dual and the included DC charger with AC adapter. With the included charger, the light flashes single green for a couple minutes and then just turns off entirely, never flashes faster or goes solid. With the EZ peak, the lights just go "up and down" like it's trying to figure out the status of the battery and never completes.

Is it something I'm doing? If not, think Traxxas can send a replacement (or perhaps more ideally upsell me a Lipo since I bought a charger that can handle them)?

Thanks!

If it is not charging then contact Traxxas Customer Support and discuss the situation with them.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    If it is not charging then contact Traxxas Customer Support and discuss the situation with them.
    They are sending me a trickle charger hoping that fixes. Will see soon.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueTrane2028 View Post
    They are sending me a trickle charger hoping that fixes. Will see soon.
    Hopefully , that will fix the problem. Also, if the kid, and probably you really enjoy it you might end up investing in a lipo pack or two eventually.
    Good call on getting extra batteries and charging it up so it’s ready to go on Christmas morning.

RC Champion
    Check the voltage of the battery that is not charging. Itís may be that itís old and has lost too much voltage. Hopefully the trickle charger they send you will work. A different charger from the traxxas ones may have worked as well. Something that can go down to .1a charge. Anyhow, hopefully the trickle charger works and you are able to get it going. And as said, good call on the extra batteries. Nothing like getting a present for Christmas and not being able to use it!! Your son will be thankful you got the extra batteries!! Enjoy it and have a good time!

Ideally , that will fix the issue. Additionally, if the child, and most likely you truly appreciate it you may wind up putting resources into a lipo pack or two eventually.Good approach getting additional batteries and energizing it so it's all set on Christmas morning.