Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wide Body Kit

RC poster

Wide Body Kit

Has anybody added the wide body kit to their Maxx yet? I know they just came out but I was wondering how the handling and if it makes a big difference.

I was on the fence about the Maxx but then decided to pull the trigger on one when I heard about the kit. My LHS just got them in this morning and I am picking that up today and trying to decide on the Blue vs Orange. (I have the orange body)

I receive my Maxx tomorrow and pretty stoked to try it out since I would be upgrading from a brushed 4x4 Stampede.

RC Competitor
    I have my wide kit coming in 3 weeks in orange for my maxx. I’ve heard good things. Only negative is it looks less like a monster truck and more like a truggy after. I just want to try it for myself so I ordered one

RC Qualifier
    Where are u buying the wide kit

RC poster
    I just picked up the orange set from my local Hobby shop in Houston. They had Blue and Orange in stock when I called. They held me the Orange one as the blue sold right before I got there.

RC Qualifier
    How much was the kit what comes with the kit thanks

RC Qualifier
    Why isn't traxxas showing pics of the kit

RC Qualifier
    It looks like Traxxas is making a concerted effort to support small local hobby shops prior to the large online market.

If that is indeed the case its very respectful of them to support the smaller operators I reckon.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by boosta View Post
    It looks like Traxxas is making a concerted effort to support small local hobby shops prior to the large online market.

If that is indeed the case its very respectful of them to support the smaller operators I reckon.
    It makes good business sense to support brick and mortar shops. Most people who want to get themselves or kids a new hobby grade rc car go to local shops. If everyone shopped online exclusively then Traxxas can easily be undercut by competitors that don’t have their overhead. Keeping physical store owners afloat is a symbiotic thing for the manufacturer.

I do most of my shopping online since the nearest hobby shop is an hour round trip for me and most of the time 2 hours in traffic. Panther can attest how bad 680 north between NorCal hobby and Livermore can be. But I do try to drop in as often as I can.
    Last edited by TwoBelugas; 12-23-2019 at 07:25 PM.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Albie72 View Post
    How much was the kit what comes with the kit thanks
    I can take a picture of the parts in a few hours but I did find some more info on the kit on Facebook.

Why isn't traxxas showing pics of the kit
    Not sure if I can link to a Facebook post, but this is all the information that’s available as of now.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...38239279808285

RC Qualifier
    Ha. I looked on Big Squid literally a half hour ago and that wasnít there. :P

Albie, that was actually my share in the Maxx owners group, there was also this link from Jason in the comments which shows the CVD kit and 4x Dogbones...

https://www.facebook.com/15284760474...641022324/?d=n

RC Qualifier
    What's the springs for front or rears

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for posting it up

RC Qualifier
    Theyíre the 1.72ís for the rear, and then the 1.4 stockers from the rear would move up the front to account for the extra leverage of the longer arms.

No oneís quoted from the instructions on that yet but thatís the general consensus.

RC Qualifier
    No worries mate. I was searching about for any info I could find online and that was literally it at the time. Cheers!

RC Competitor
    Where are u buying the wide kit
    From my LHS

Looks like a nice little kit, but it makes the Maxx look like a RC spider rather than a bad-(rear-end fleshy area) Monster Truck. If Traxxas would of made the 1/10th scale Maxx, a new Emaxx, it wouldn't be necessary to dump another hundred and some bucks into a five hundred and some new truck to give it a wider stance.

The next hop-up kit for the Maxx should be a new bigger chassis, with a new bigger body, to go along with these new longer suspension arms. In other words, make the Maxx into a 1/8th scale Emaxx like it should of been in the first place. Oh well, what the (the place where bad people go when they die) do I know. I'm just a ReglarGuy.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 12-24-2019 at 04:53 AM.
    Die a man, than live like a Traxxas unmentionable.

RC Qualifier
    Reglarguy your right wish it was 1/8 also wouldn't be that hard longer middle chassis

RC Qualifier
    That will come just after everyone buys all the extras that get the Maxx halfway there ;p

I think itís pretty well known to Traxxas the E-maxx has been successful and people would like to see a V2.

All that said though, the Maxx is an incredible vehicle in its own right.

I just wish the wide option was on the table from the get go, also pretty obvious people were going to want that. On the positive side Traxxas has it available pretty quick... just after I bought the steel CVDs :/

Cheers all and merry Christmas!

RC Enthusiast
    That will come just after everyone buys all the extras that get the Maxx halfway there ;p
    As a guy who just dumped $100 into steel CVDs that shipped out hours after I saw the WideMaxx announcement, this statement hits home just a little too much. However, I take solace in the fact that my Maxx won't look like a RC spider! As it is, mine drives perfectly fine for places I drive. I hope there will eventually be more tire options so I can tune that way.

RC Qualifier
    Someone did say upgraded wheels are on the way as a few are cracking.

Traxxas has also shown a badlands looking tyre for the Maxx at a recent show. I saw an add for a version for the rustler 4x4 and it was called the sledgehammer I think.

Quote Originally Posted by colbynobo View Post
    However, I take solace in the fact that my Maxx won't look like a RC spider!
    Spider truck, spider truck, spider truck. (lol) Just kidding.
    Die a man, than live like a Traxxas unmentionable.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by colbynobo View Post
    However, I take solace in the fact that my Maxx won't look like a RC spider!.
    Haha, that nails the monster truggy look alright.

RC Qualifier
    Yup. Iím a Spider-Man

RC Qualifier
    Even just the variety of tastes in this thread shows how hard it is to make something that suits everyone. All very valid and understandable positions, and Iím sure Traxxas would like to have products that satisfy all customerís desires so weíre even more spendy.

I do really like that Traxxas take risks in offering new vehicles that open up whole new segments of the market, and I do think theyíve done that again with the Maxx. Nicely in between the 1/10ís and 1/8ís.

I do see how people are really liking the stock Maxx, the wide Maxx is more my taste, and I just canít see how it wouldnít be a good idea for Traxxas in the near future to offer something in an Emaxx 2.0 size!

RC Qualifier
    Steel CVD kit 8996X and 4x Wide Dogbones 8996A showing as in stock at Mark Twain. Maybe elsewhere too, was just checking in here. Good to see them out so soon

https://www.hobby1.com/catalogsearch...+maxx+widemaxx

RC poster
    While I can appreciate supporting local, I live with about 400000 people and can't find a maxx part to save my life.

RC Qualifier
    Yep mine is half an hour drive which is much better than some. There was a comment on FB that the parts will be more widely available next week. (In the US mostly I presume, Iíll eat my Maxx is theyíre widely available in Australia next week)

RC Qualifier
    Ordered black wide arms can't wait

RC Qualifier
    Traxxas Wide Maxx Kit and accessories info is now posted on the Traxxas website.
    https://traxxas.com/products/search?keyword=8995

Also the steel CVD kit and Accessories...
    https://traxxas.com/products/search?keyword=8996

The alloy toelinks are back too...
    https://traxxas.com/products/search?keyword=8997

RC Competitor
    Followed the links you posted and got nothing shown on traxxas website...... maby they went down again

RC Qualifier
    It was brought to my attention by Thomas they werenít showing on mobile. You can see them in PC but if not I updated my Facebook post with screenshots...

https://www.facebook.com/10000646741...113436239/?d=n

If anyone wants to share that post to the Maxx owners group on Facebook that would be good. I was removed yesterday for not being a real person

RC Racer
    It was brought to my attention by Thomas they werenít showing on mobile. You can see them in PC but if not I updated my Facebook post with screenshots...

https://www.facebook.com/10000646741...113436239/?d=n

If anyone wants to share that post to the Maxx owners group on Facebook that would be good. I was removed yesterday for not being a real person
    Get real then boosta. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2-REVo 3.3
    1 summit
    2-XMAXX
    And many others

RC Qualifier
    Ha! Yeah, need to get realz for sure. I can totally understand Pinocchio wishing he was a real boy now

I knew it! With a name like bots-a, should've been a dead giveaway.
    youtube.com/c/RazorRCvideos

RC Qualifier
    Oh no! My cover is blown!!!

It was because my FB profile looked so derelict because I never use FB. Thing is, it was so bad that it could only be genuine :P. I mean if I was going to set up a troll account Iíd at least upload a profile pic for sure. I gave it a bit of love now and am back in the group. Got realz! :P

RC poster
    You can see the items on mobile if you use the right link as posted by Double G.

I copied it to this post..

https://traxxas.com/search?keyword=8995

RC Qualifier
    Are you kidding me?! That info has been up on Traxxas for a week???

I followed Double Gís link to big squid but missed the second link. Is that from a Traxxas site-wide search on desktop, and then that shows on mobile? Is that the way to go?

RC poster
    Yes, it has been up there and yes, I believe you're correct about the search results being from a non-mobile search.

I think you can just tell your mobile browser to use the full desktop site and get the same results.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks mate. Filed for future reference. I did some testing after your message and it appears itís because the site wide search has no mobile equivalent, so it is forced to the desktop display on mobile too.

Whatís good about that as well is that it is also showing the support documents / instruction sheets.

We did eventually find our way to forcing the parts search to display the desktop version to display the entries on mobile.

Iíve been used to doing that in the past with the support pages too, as the only way Iíve found thus far to get access to the exploded views. Any better way to do that too?

Why there is such inconsistency between the full and mobile functionality is a bit of a mystery to me? Anyway, Iím sure they have their reasons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast