Important Update for VXL-6s...

The Super Derecho

Sucks you can’t turn them off with the button anymore. It was nice to be able to reach up in there and click it off if you weren’t gonna be running it for a little bit, without having to take the body off and unplug batteries

RC Qualifier
    Iím a bit out of the loop on this one. I donít have a UDR but I do have three vxl-6s systems with the 4s plug all fromUDRs, one in a slash, one in a Rustler 4x4 and one in a non traxxas monster truck. What was the update supposed to do? I feel like I would rather not update if the changes are not significant aside from disabling the on/off feature with the EZ set button

I’m pretty sure it makes you do the update or you can’t use the app, and from what I saw the only real change was not letting you turn it off with the button.

RC Racer
    I suspect this is a temporary fix to a problem Traxxas is trying to solve. At some point in the not-too-distant future Traxxas will probably release another update bringing on/off functionality back to that button, once they've worked the kinks out.

RC Enthusiast
    I wonder what the risk is if I should chose to sit this one out? I replaced the stock transmitter with something else since I was having some annoying control problems during my early days with the UDR. I have a Bluetooth transmitter in my TRX-4 transmitter but it would be a hassle to connect it all in a temporary fashion just to perform a firmware update. However, if the firmware update is actually an issue of preventing a catastrophic failure then it just may be necessary.

RC Racer
    I'm thinking it's not anything catastrophic needing to be prevented, because they would mandate the change for all VXL-6S users, not only for those who have the Traxxas Link installed.

I for example, don't have the Traxxas Link equipment installed, and I'm not going to buy it just for this update. So I won't be doing it.

If my UDR flies off of a cliff unexpectedly, I'll let you know.

RC Enthusiast
    It's all fun and games until the Traxxas Risk Managers make them roll out a firmware update which installs a collision avoidance system. The truck will then stop itself if you attempt to drive it off a cliff.

RC Competitor

Important Update for VXL-6s...

Quote Originally Posted by colbynobo View Post
    It's all fun and games until the Traxxas Risk Managers make them roll out a firmware update which installs a collision avoidance system. The truck will then stop itself if you attempt to drive it off a cliff.
    Are you serious about this system? Then how could vehicle predict that itís going to cliff? Maybe Iím doing speed run or having fun at dirt. It seems crazy to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    He is joking about the entire ordeal. Donít think he is serious about there being an obstacle avoidance system being added to the line of vehicles. Although it would help many LOL!!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by 222 View Post
    He is joking about the entire ordeal. Donít think he is serious about there being an obstacle avoidance system being added to the line of vehicles. Although it would help many LOL!!
    Yes, Its impossible. But if anyone made something like that, it will cost really much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    robot vacuum cleaners have lidar and cliff avoidance sensors....

RC poster
    Did they hotfix the power button or anything yet? I haven't driven my UDR in a month because not being able to power down the truck from the power button is extremely annoying. I don't want to have to pull the batteries out just to power the truck down. That's ridiculous when the ESC has a power button.