RC Enthusiast

Defender body mounting ?

I just put together the trx4 crawler kit and just got a defender body. I have no idea on how to put the body on. It doesnt seen to fit. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Med382 View Post
    I just put together the trx4 crawler kit and just got a defender body. I have no idea on how to put the body on. It doesnt seen to fit. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
    What inner fenders and wheelbase did you set it up for? Stock the kit is 12.3" wheelbase. the defender is 12.8" wheelbase with different shock towers and inner fenders tubs are mounted on the inside of the body. Instead of the chassis

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk
    Traxxas 1/10 Summit, TRX4 Tactical
    -Marc Gill

RC Enthusiast
    I dont know the wheel base. But I have the fenders mounted on my chasis. I will have to remove those from what you are saying. Will I have to get new shock towers. Traxxas site says you just needed a trx4 compatible body. Thanks for the reply

If you are running the "standard" TRX4 with the 12.3" wheelbase (WB), the Defender body will be too long.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Qualifier
    The fender wells are mounted to the body with the defender, not to the chassis. I think they get mounted to the chassis for the Bronco.

RC Enthusiast
    Thank you for the picture. I have fenders on the chasis and the body. I will remove the ones from the chasis and see what happens.

RC Qualifier
    As the guys above said, the kit is set up with the more common 12.3" wheelbase. To mount the Defender body the wheelbase has to be extended to 12.8" using this conversion kit:
    https://traxxas.com/products/parts/8057

The shock towers for the Defender body is separate from the inner wheel wells on the body, as the picture from ben1272 shows.