RC poster

Curiosities prior to purchasing

I recently purchased a 1/10 fiesta st rally. And just like The next guy Iím already making a list of parts to swap in the near future.
    Q1 what are the other parts required when swapping to a brushless velineon and vxl3s? Drive line? Axles? Gears?
    Iím fresh to the rc community and would love to learn anything and everything I can from this forum. Thanks guys!

RC Enthusiast
    TRA6878 Slipper Clutch: Primarily for the more robust 32 pitch gears. The 48 pitch gears of the stock assembly probably won't last very long on brushless power.

11T or 12T 32 pitch pinion gear: Some might say you can go larger, but I'd start low and check temperatures regularly. Depending on whether you run 2S or 3S you might see some high temperatures. I've never had much luck with running my Fiesta on 3S with a Velineon system as I like to be heavy on the throttle and do a lot of hard braking

Aluminum driveshaft TRA6855 and front input gear TRA6888X: May be able to get by with the plastic one for a while though. I'm currently trying to see how long my plastic shaft will last just out of curiosity. It's holding up, but I have the aluminum one waiting in the wings. You'll need the input gear to fit the aluminum shaft as the plastic one has a different connection that's not compatible with it.

(Optional)Sway Bar Kit TRA6898: The higher brushless speeds reveal more body roll than I like when running on pavement. These will help it stay more planted. Your results may vary as I run my Fiesta on pavement about 90% of the time.

I'm still using my stock shafts, though I will consider replacing the rear with something aftermarket. However, I always love having the ability to easily buy replacements from my local hobby shop.

Enjoy.

RC Qualifier
    Note that there is a significant difference between the 1/10 fiesta and the 1/10 rally. The fiesta in my recollection has narrower arms, camber links, turn buckles, and drive shafts from those of its closest cousin, the brushed slash 4x4. So be careful what you order because a lot of the times when a part says “for 4x4 slash, stampede, rally”, the part may not fit the Fiesta.

Everything within the chassis pan should interchange the same way a slash 4x4 brushed needs to upgrade to vxl spec, but outside of the pan, it pays to pay attention to not order the stuff for the more common 4wd models.
    Last edited by TwoBelugas; 12-28-2019 at 08:14 AM.

That is true. As I mentioned in other threads the chassis is the same but the current Fiesta uses the narrower corner parts from the late Telluride.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by colbynobo View Post
    TRA6878 Slipper Clutch: Primarily for the more robust 32 pitch gears. The 48 pitch gears of the stock assembly probably won't last very long on brushless power.

11T or 12T 32 pitch pinion gear: Some might say you can go larger, but I'd start low and check temperatures regularly. Depending on whether you run 2S or 3S you might see some high temperatures. I've never had much luck with running my Fiesta on 3S with a Velineon system as I like to be heavy on the throttle and do a lot of hard braking

Aluminum driveshaft TRA6855 and front input gear TRA6888X: May be able to get by with the plastic one for a while though. I'm currently trying to see how long my plastic shaft will last just out of curiosity. It's holding up, but I have the aluminum one waiting in the wings. You'll need the input gear to fit the aluminum shaft as the plastic one has a different connection that's not compatible with it.

(Optional)Sway Bar Kit TRA6898: The higher brushless speeds reveal more body roll than I like when running on pavement. These will help it stay more planted. Your results may vary as I run my Fiesta on pavement about 90% of the time.

I'm still using my stock shafts, though I will consider replacing the rear with something aftermarket. However, I always love having the ability to easily buy replacements from my local hobby shop.

Enjoy.
    All this is good advice. In case anyone wants to do a conversion for the Fiesta, these following are optional but nice to have
    2443-adjustable rear camber links
    2445-adjustable front camber links
    3745-adjustable front steering toe links
    A Metal geared servo of your choice. 2056 is a truly terrible servo

If you convert to 4s or more:
    Mip 19390 front and 18390 rear axles
    5352r for the revo spec slipper pads in addition to 6878 assembly. This works for 1/10 rally too
    Aluminum caster block, front and rear bearing carriers from the slash 4x4 ultimate, also for 1/10 rally.
    Last edited by TwoBelugas; 12-31-2019 at 09:45 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    That is true. As I mentioned in other threads the chassis is the same but the current Fiesta uses the narrower corner parts from the late Telluride.
    Yes

We are lucky that the bandit vxl is still in production because it ensures a lot of the higher spec parts what the fiestas and telluride can benefit from but not found with the Sl4sh/Rustl4r/4pede