My sonís first Traxxas!

We got my 3 year old son a 1/16 E Revo Brushed edition. He is no stranger to RCs since he watches me run mine and I let him steer my trucks sometimes. Here is a quick video clip.

https://youtu.be/6vqvVzXYGn4

Right now he just has two 1200 nimh Traxxas batteries but I will one day upgrade to lipo. What other upgrades should I look into?

Merry Christmas!
    Revo .18TM BL Rustler Stampede MERV HPI Sprint 2

RC Qualifier
    He does great steering and driving it around.
    If you start noticing down the road that you have problem with rear diffs, there is plenty of info on here about shimming the differentials. Beside that I’d maybe look into RPM bumpers and of suspension parts.
    Otherwise the only weakness I can think of in the 1/16 is upgrading the beating carriers to RPM ones ( the stock ones tend to develop slop, the rpm ones can be tightened with set screws .

My brand new e revo from christmas is broken, i think one of the servos is bad but dont know how to tell...i can hold the servo and then it makes a grinding noise and gets stuck in the position its in and seems very very weak... please help

Probably broken gears inside the servo. Try removing both servos and testing them one by one.
    Revo .18TM BL Rustler Stampede MERV HPI Sprint 2

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakratfink View Post
    He does great steering and driving it around.
    If you start noticing down the road that you have problem with rear diffs, there is plenty of info on here about shimming the differentials. Beside that I’d maybe look into RPM bumpers and of suspension parts.
    Otherwise the only weakness I can think of in the 1/16 is upgrading the beating carriers to RPM ones ( the stock ones tend to develop slop, the rpm ones can be tightened with set screws .
    Hey, Dakratfink. I agree with your opinion.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by chops1sc View Post
    We got my 3 year old son a 1/16 E Revo Brushed edition. He is no stranger to RCs since he watches me run mine and I let him steer my trucks sometimes. Here is a quick video clip.

https://youtu.be/6vqvVzXYGn4

Right now he just has two 1200 nimh Traxxas batteries but I will one day upgrade to lipo. What other upgrades should I look into?

Merry Christmas!
    You can always go brushless. It is a lot faster and a lot more expensive. Worth the upgrade if you have the money. You can also find a body you lie or make a cool custom body yourself!