RC Enthusiast

New Rustler 4x4 vxl brushless! Battery recommendations please?

Good day all! First post glad to be part of the forums!

Just as the subject indicates. Bought myself a Christmas present and now looking for recommendation on batteries. I currently have one battery but would like to get a second and if I can upgrade to a three cell and get more speed that would be awesome as well!

Currently running a 2 cell 5800mah 25c Traxxas Lipo. Looking into 3 cell batteries. What would you all recommend?

Loving this thing so far. Thanks in advance for any help!

RC Qualifier
    No love on your first post. That stinks. Ha. I think all lipos are a crap shoot. I have had identical traxxas 3s lipos, maintained them exactly the same, one puffed one didnít. With that said I think you can try just about any 3s, 5000mah or higher and 25c or higher lipo. Good luck and enjoy. 3s will turn your stampede into a rocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you can't be with the one you love, love the one your with!!!

RC Champion
    SMC makes some good lipos. Iíve also heard Gens Ace are not bad. As for the traxxas lipos, they are expensive, but you get a good warranty and the ease of being in the traxxas ecosystem.

RC Competitor
    The 4x4 rustler VXL has a 5.5" battery tray so you can only use short batteries, preferrably if the cables come out the top. This one fits perfect:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PK16WB2