RC poster

bearing direction?

I'm starting to replace all the bearings and while watching a YT video it was basically suggested to put the rubber keeper/face of the bearing towards where moisture may be present. Is it a big deal to install bearings facing a certain way?

Quote Originally Posted by Kablooie View Post
    I'm starting to replace all the bearings and while watching a YT video it was basically suggested to put the rubber keeper/face of the bearing towards where moisture may be present. Is it a big deal to install bearings facing a certain way?
    What type of bearings did you get, i.e. rubber on one side, metal on the other, etc.? Always face the rubber side towards the elements, or open side.

Regardless of how you configure them, they’ll get dirty depending on what type of use they’re subjected to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you get bearings that have only one side with rubber on one side and metal on the other, then yes, it is better to put the rubber side facing the elements. You don't have to if you don't want to.
    The Super Derecho

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    If the bearings are not the same on both sides, then yes, it can be important.