RC poster

E-Revo 1/16 VXL Brushless - battery options

Hi everyone,

I just bought an e-revo VXL 1/16 with the Series 1 NiMH 1200mAh Power Cell Battery but unfortunately it runs out of juice quite quick (less than 10 minutes?).

Is this normal? How much run time do you get from yours? Is there any other alternatives for NiMH batteries? Or just LiPO ones?

Also, is it better to add a second NiMH in parallel (for more run time) or get a LiPo battery instead?

All the tips are much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

RC Enthusiast
    A good 2s lipo will give you a small speed boost (higher voltage) and longer run time (2200 mAh vs 1200 mAh). Lipo will also have less voltage sag under load. So definitely go lipo and don't look back.

As for dual parallel batteries, it's nice to have longer run times, but you increase the weight. So that might just be personal preference for you depending on how you like your vehicle to handle.

Personal recommendation, get 2 lipo and then you can run them simultaneously or one after the other. Win win.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by omen View Post
    A good 2s lipo will give you a small speed boost (higher voltage) and longer run time (2200 mAh vs 1200 mAh). Lipo will also have less voltage sag under load. So definitely go lipo and don't look back.

As for dual parallel batteries, it's nice to have longer run times, but you increase the weight. So that might just be personal preference for you depending on how you like your vehicle to handle.

Personal recommendation, get 2 lipo and then you can run them simultaneously or one after the other. Win win.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    Thanks omen! Much appreciated!

Enviado do meu SM-A505FN através do Tapatalk