RC poster

Thoughts please? - trx 3.3 piston after break-in (pics)

Opinions please, just done the 4th tank on my trx 3.3 jato. Took the head off to look at the piston. Still have a few tanks left to do along with tune. (It went dark couldnít finish break-in)

Please what are your thoughts on how this piston looks after the 4th tank running 16% nitro. Weather isnít the best a little damp and misty.

Does it all look how it should - I have no idea what the piston should look like after break-in or there aboutís

Please comment. Click on the pictures.

Four tanks is hardly any usage. After normal use it should have a nice golden color; black means too lean. Remember to drop to bottom dead center when you are done running the engine.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Thanks. Did you see the photo’s? Just wanted you to take a look.

Yes I looked at them.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Great. Thanks a lot! Double G

Don’t suppose the scratches or micro chip at the top of the piston is anything worry about?

RC Competitor
    What causes the golden color? I have run my trx 3.3 on a quart of nitro and a quart of gasoline, I originally thought the gasoline may have given the piston that color but it sounds like it wasn't.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob2.0 View Post
    What causes the golden color? I have run my trx 3.3 on a quart of nitro and a quart of gasoline, I originally thought the gasoline may have given the piston that color but it sounds like it wasn't.
    Well, if I have my chemistry right, gas has much more carbon in it than alcohol. Black is usually a result of being rich. I've always considered a nice gold color to be just right as far as engine temps for Nitro.

RC Competitor
    All I know is my revo overheats within minutes on gasoline.