RC poster

Upgrading foam of the stock Traxxas canyon tire ?

Is it worth it to unglue, change the foam and reglue the tire with the risk of damaging the tire?

I was thinking of using a dual stage foam.

Itís either that or buying a new set of wheel tire and foam but thatís 3 time the price.

It depends on your budget and what you want out of them. The stock wheels are OK, but they are made more to the side of longevity in mind, and less performance. You can increase performance a bit by changing out the foams, but if you are going to go through all of that, you might as well get new tires as well.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Racer
    The stock tires are great, yes its worth changing the foams, but i would use the effort towarfs beadlocks. Better bang/buck.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Stircrayzy View Post
    The stock tires are great, yes its worth changing the foams, but i would use the effort towarfs beadlocks. Better bang/buck.
    Excellent advice. The canyon trail tyres are great but are let down by the very soft stock foams. I reused the stock tyres with dual stage foams on a set of G-made steel beadlocks and it made a noticeable difference to the way my Defender drives.

RC Champion
    I boiled off the stock tires, bought proline 2 stage 1.9xl foams and some alloys on ebay. Totally transformed my defender. The stock tires are great. If you really don't think they grip enough you tube modifications and possibly cut a few lugs off?
    2wd Slash VXL, 2wd Slash 9t , E Maxx 2200kv ,Trx4

RC poster
    I used the acetone vapour method as I was in no rush. Works a treat and doesn't damage your tyres. No burnt fingers either!

RC Competitor
    +1 on this. Softer foams and cutting off the center lugs of the tires made a world of difference.