RC Racer

Thumbs up Pulled The Trigger On A New 4-Tec 2.0 Ford GT - Blue

Earlier today I went down to my LHS (Hobbytown) and ordered the Brushed Blue Ford GT! My Hobbytown sent me a catalog last month with a $20 coupon off anything over $200, plus Traxxas is running their promo until the end of this year for $30 off ($259.95), so I got $50 off and my LHS has a nice on-road track and recently met to put together a Spec class to run this car! So I'll update this thread with pics when my order comes in!

Last Thursday a friend picked out the Red version so we can't wait to start racing them at our local track!!!

Btw, the economy must be great b/c when my friend and I went in to our Hobbytown on Thursday (day after Xmas), just about EVERYTHING was gone. I'm NOT exaggerating...I asked are you guys closing down or something? He laughed and said "no, we seriously sold just about everything in the store." It's a big Hobbytown too! The red Ford GT was their last one and it was an open box so they gave us an extra 10% off!

Side Note:
    So my friend's red Ford GT ended up having a defect the day we brought it home. The windshield came unglued (it's double sided tapped) and kept lifting up. This is my friend's first Traxxas anything and I encouraged him to go with Traxxas b/c they make tough, fast cars and have great customer support. Sure enough, Traxxas' support didn't disappoint. Called and spoke with Colten (very nice guy!), told him what happened, he said no worries, just send some pics so we can see what's going on, he called me back today and apologized for the body, said we could keep it and use it for bashing and they are sending a brand new one out and asked what color would you like! I mean...nobody beats that! It was just nice, that after I explained how great Traxxas customer support is to my friend, sure enough, they follow through and exceed our expectations! Needless to say, I had no issues buying my blue one today and plan on continuing to support them!

LOOOOOOOOOVE Traxxas! They just get it. They really do! Seriously, for any company, Google included...has anyone had a company that matches or beats Traxxas customer support? Horizon Hobby is good but Traxxas beats everyone I've dealt with by a long shot! Imagine if more companies did what they did? Most companies skimp on customer support or don't even have it, if they do, they outsource it overseas and just don't care. Traxxas cares, it shows and they make money b/c of it! What a concept, huh? Thank you Traxxas!!! And NO...I don't work for them, I'm not affiliated with them in any way, I just appreciate good ole fashioned great customer support and they have it!

RC Qualifier
    Post some videos of the track racing. That sounds like a good time.
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

RC Qualifier
    Very cool story about the positive experience with customer support.
    Also, I have been saying from the announcement of the 4tec2.0 that some clubs need to start a Spec class for those. I’m glad your local Hobbytown is doing so.

Glad to know your HobbyTown is not only still open, but had a track. All 3 SF Bay Area locations closed down, so the closest one is in Modesto...55 miles away. Worse, the closest with an indoor track is almost 500 miles away. Thankfully, there are 3 LHSs within 15 minutes of where I live...one has an indoor off-road track (they recently converted it from clay, to gray carpet, but only for the winter...then back to clay), one has an indoor drift track, and one has a (very small) indoor crawler course. Unfortunately, as far as I'm aware, there are no flat indoor non-drift tracks anywhere close...unless anyone reading this knows otherwise (which I'd appreciate knowing).

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

RC Racer

Cancelled Ford GT Order...

I ordered it from my Hobbytown on 12/30/19, followed up several times with them but they still didn't have it. Waited until 2/6/20 and I waited as long as I could but my Hobbytown STILL hadn't received my order so I cancelled it. They told me they didn't know why it was taking Traxxas so long and I even followed up with Traxxas directly but they said I had to go through my LHS. So after waiting around 9 weeks, I gave up. Not to mention, since Traxxas hadn't been shipping anything to them recently, they never got the Spec Class for the Tec-2.0 going like they planned. It was nice they refunded me my money no questions asked as they were equally frustrated.

Here are some pics of my Hobbytown's local on-road race track btw...