Revo 3.3 to platinum, opti drive removal?

Hi guys, recently started a thread on how my transmission blew in my brand new Revo 3.3, was thinking about removing the opti drive because I just simply do not want it in the truck. My question is can I just unplug it and plug the sensors directly into the receiver and still have rpm and everything else? Just want to make sure Iím not losing any telemetry.

My second question is could I swap in a platinum chassis onto my Revo 3.3? Itís the latest model and I really like the silver a lot more then the stock blue one. Will everything still bolt up the same? And is it the same length? Pretty sure itís the same length but wanted to double check. Thanks in advance

(P.S. anyone see that the Revo 3.3 is out of stock on Traxxasí website? What do you think? Are they gonna discontinue the Revo or just out of stock because of the holiday?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Slash 4x4
    Bandit
    T-Maxx x2
    Revo
    Slayer Pro

RC Racer
    Not sure on the platinum chassis or telemetry. I have seen the Revo disappear entirely from the Traxxas website for a few weeks before showing up again. I would guess that over the holidays all the Revos where bought and that's why they are out of stock. Crossing my fingers they could release a new Revo but that's VERY unlikely.

Optidrive is for reverse. You can remove it. The PE Revo (#5304) is the same as the 5308 Revo. Chassis is the same size.

It could be discontinued because they are doing some changes and you’ll see a different model number. 5309x-x
    The Super Derecho

Awesome! Thanks for the reply guys

Slash 4x4
    Bandit
    T-Maxx x2
    Revo
    Slayer Pro

Hey guys I got my transmission rebuilt. Hooked up the shifting servo and itís glitching out. Shifts fine but as soon as I clip the linkage up on it, itís starts twitching and constantly shifting in place, back and forth back and forth. Anyone got any ideas why itís doing this.

Slash 4x4
    Bandit
    T-Maxx x2
    Revo
    Slayer Pro

Do you have Opti-Drive installed?
    The Super Derecho

Regardless if I have optidrive or not it does it. Played with it with optidrive installed and without

Slash 4x4
    Bandit
    T-Maxx x2
    Revo
    Slayer Pro

RC Qualifier
    See if the servo works by plugging into another channel. Example: plug the (shifting) servo into your steering channel and see if it still glitches. Or plug another servo (steering,throttle) into channel 3 and see if it glitches. This would help you determine if it's a bad servo or radio issue.
    Also make sure your Rx/Tx batteries are good and/or pack is charged.
    Last edited by grizzly03; 01-15-2020 at 01:36 PM.

Alright Iíll give that a shot. Seems like for now though it only twitches when I snap it onto the linkage. If the servo doesnít have the linkage on it shifts fine. Seems like it twitches only under tension. Iíll give it a shot switching channels when I get a chance. I gotta finish balljoints and u joints on my Jeep first lol

Slash 4x4
    Bandit
    T-Maxx x2
    Revo
    Slayer Pro

Got to mess with the servo, did the same thing on the other channel. Pulled the servo apart and one of the gears is stripped. Thanks for the help guys

Slash 4x4
    Bandit
    T-Maxx x2
    Revo
    Slayer Pro

RC Qualifier
    That stinks. Glad you found it.

Yeah I know, brand new Revo. Blown transmission and servo stripped. Shouldíve had traxxas send me one along with the new gears. I ordered a new gear set for $6 to rebuild the servo. Weíll see how
    It goes. Still leery about the transmission rebuild. I hate messing with the transmission

Slash 4x4
    Bandit
    T-Maxx x2
    Revo
    Slayer Pro

RC poster
    If the rebuild is similar to installing a forward only kit you don't have much to worry about. It was my first time opening up the Revo trans and it was a breeze.

Installed the new gears, bench tested it under no load and worked fine. Put it in the truck and they stripped again. Extremely frustrated. Gonna have to put a metal geared servo in there. Anyone got any ideas? $50 is kinda steep for a micro servo from traxxas. Any way to convert mine to metal gears? Or am I able to buy the gears and 2065x plastic housing and re use the servo motor in it

Slash 4x4
    Bandit
    T-Maxx x2
    Revo
    Slayer Pro

RC Qualifier
    It's kinda odd to strip gears on the reverse servo that quick. The servo linkage is hooked to a spring that moves the shift shaft in or out. It acts like a servo saver. Here's instructions that might help to aid in servo install traxxas.com_Revo_FwdRevINST.

As for the gears i think it's possible to swap just to metal gears without the case. The plastic replacement gears are part#2064 and the metal gears are the same number but with an x added(2064x).

I donít have a spring on mine. Been reading up online and others have had issues with the servo as well after re placing the gears

Slash 4x4
    Bandit
    T-Maxx x2
    Revo
    Slayer Pro

Just ordered a Savox waterproof micro servo for $30 on amazon. Good enough for me lol

Slash 4x4
    Bandit
    T-Maxx x2
    Revo
    Slayer Pro

RC Qualifier
    How is your linkage setup if you don't have the shift spring? In the instruction link I posted, picture 1W shows the spring I'm talking about.

Iíll send a pic later, itís the latest model Revo, think the one you sent is another model from previous year

Slash 4x4
    Bandit
    T-Maxx x2
    Revo
    Slayer Pro

Seems I canít catch a break. Got my servo in the mail only to find out I ordered the wrong size. Apparently the one I got was more for a 1/16 erevo. Guess I have some modifying tonight to get it in the truck. I already opened it out of the package so returning it is out of the question. Iíve ran out of patience and gonna try to squeeze this guy in there

Slash 4x4
    Bandit
    T-Maxx x2
    Revo
    Slayer Pro

Alright I give up, doesnít fit at all. Gonna try calling some of my local hobby shops for a metal geared Traxxas servo

Slash 4x4
    Bandit
    T-Maxx x2
    Revo
    Slayer Pro

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by maxxdigger View Post
    Seems I canít catch a break...
    Quote Originally Posted by maxxdigger View Post
    Alright I give up, doesnít fit at all...
    I know how you feel. When it rains , it pours.

Alright so I have it installed. I keep rolling the truck in gear and keep switching the servo from forwards and reverse. Idk if I like how this thing is sounding. Feel like I did something wrong with the transmission. I know I put everything in right but Iím just second guessing myself. Is there any way to test this thing without actually running it?

Slash 4x4
    Bandit
    T-Maxx x2
    Revo
    Slayer Pro

Alright never mind. I set it up on a stand, flipped the switches for forward and reverse and spun the spur gear by hand, the wheels are spinning in the correct way. Only issue I see is when flipping back into forward the shifting fork gets caught a little, but as soon as the spur gets nudged it shifts all the way in. Itís only doing it very slightly but does anyone know why itís doing this?

Slash 4x4
    Bandit
    T-Maxx x2
    Revo
    Slayer Pro

RC Qualifier
    That's normal. Mine always did it. The only way to get rid of it is to get a Forward Only Kit. LOL.

Alright cool. I figured that. Didnít know if there was a way to fix that though. It bothers me. Anyways, today Iím currently finishing putting my valve cover gasket on my Jeep and if I got time, I wanna rip this thing in the street. Been 2 months it took to get it rebuilt, between waiting on parts and diagnosing and wasting time on that servo. Also dealing with school, work, and the holidays

Slash 4x4
    Bandit
    T-Maxx x2
    Revo
    Slayer Pro