RC Competitor

What upgrades do i need to make it basher ready(backyard ready) lol

I just got my e revo and have already broke half the car probably... what upgrades can i do to make it do a one foot jump in the back yard with out breaking...literally one foot jump and broke both rear pushrods...anyways.

Things I've done to it: replaced both rear pushrods and ends, replaced front left tie-rod, wheelie bar, rpm front bumper...also my servos burned put yesterday, should i do a single servo conversion or keep two, and what is best servo for e revo 2.0 for a basher? Savox? Btw the car is fivedays old...

I've launched mine 10-15 feet in the air and have only broken the steering servos.

Mine has seen thirty feet! The 2.0 is pretty stout, what batteries are you using? Maybe they and slow it down until you get a feel for the truck and how it jumps/handles.
    Oh, I use a savox servo. Dont recall the model off hand but I call it my work horse. I've recommended it frequently here for the erbe.

it's alright son, I'll fix it
    Last edited by FnFancy; 01-01-2020 at 02:25 AM.
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Competitor
    Im using 6s batteries but have it on half speed mode...

RC Competitor
    Is it worth putting steel gears in servos?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by FnFancy View Post
    Mine has seen thirty feet! The 2.0 is pretty stout, what batteries are you using? Maybe they and slow it down until you get a feel for the truck and how it jumps/handles.
    Oh, I use a savox servo. Dont recall the model off hand but I call it my work horse. I've recommended it frequently here for the erbe.

Waterproof Servos? Or regular savox Servos?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lopillo_evo View Post
    Waterproof Servos? Or regular savox Servos?

Ok, I just checked. It's the savox 1231sg. It's not advertised as water proof but I've gone through puddles, hosed it down and ran in wet grass with out issue. It is my absolute favorite servo for the erevo platform, affordable, no need for a bec and just never quits.

Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC poster
    Then I might get this cause in the grass the factory servos are quite vague and I just donít like it

I prefer the savox 1210sg, it's listed as waterproof and does pretty well on 6V, better on 7.4V. I ran it in my outcast with trencher 3.8's on 6V for over a year. Recently upgraded the esc and now can run it on 7.4V, so should perform even better.

I run a cheap JX DC-5821LV servo on my 2.0 with 3.8" trenchers and it does ok. Could be a hair stronger/faster, but will stick with it until it dies. When I installed it, I had an esc in it with a weak BEC, so I couldn't go too crazy.

No matter what you do, if you land wrong from any height/speed, something going to break on any truck. That said, my 2.0 is one of the toughest trucks I own. I run mine pretty hard at a grass bmx track and at skate parks. I'll break the occasional tie-rod/pushrod end if I land horribly, but otherwise it does seem to hold up well.

One thing you have to fight is the urge to go with super stiff springs and shock oil. All that does is blows out rod ends and bends rocker posts and snaps shock pistons. I've been running revo's for the better part of 15 years and the suspension is the same on all of them. Some of the stuff is tougher on the 2.0, but the geometry, shocks, rockers are the same.

I run the following on mine and it does well:
    Alloy P2 rockers (stock pushrods/ends)
    70w AE VDK #3 front shocks
    60w AE VDK #2 rear shocks
    RCRaven Springs on both ends

It bottoms out on small and big jumps, but that's to be expected. Setting it up so stiff that it doesn't bottom out just damages everything between the wheels and the shocks, including the shocks. I found that out the hard way.

Figure out shock limiter straps on the rear and it will help. I made mine out of light gauge cable connecting the arms to the rear body mount.

I replaced the stock plastic rear brace with the traxxas alloy one, but I did bend it on a relatively harsh rear landing. I replaced it with a homemade one out of 3/16" thick/1 1/2" wide 6061 from mcmaster. It's been holding up well so far.
    Expert rigging at it's best!