RC poster

Can the e-revo understeer after changing suspension arm?

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if there's a relation but here it goes:

A few days ago, the LEFT upper suspension arm of my 1/16 e-revo broke. I changed it easily and today I went for a spin.

After a few minutes I started noticing that the car was not responding the same way when turning right and left. When I turned left the car would almost spin on itself (with a full throttle) but while turning right it would take a rather large round turn.

Can this be related to the change on the arm? Is it a matter of fine tuning / resseting the servo (is that even possible?)?

Any guidance or clues will be much appreciated...!

Thanks!

Enviado do meu SM-A505FN através do Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Is your servo physically centered when your servo trim on the radio is centered? Sounds like the servo throw is not the same in each direction.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Actually when this happened i noticed the servo trim on the radio was more to the right. Would that explain? I thought that if the trim was more to the right the car would actually oversteer more to the right... but I guess I'm wrong?

Also, if that's the case, how do I reset it to center everything? I just need to center the trim and reconnect the car?
    Thanks!

RC Enthusiast
    Servos have a maximum throw in each direction from their mechanical center. The trim knob on the radio lets the user sacrifice some of that throw to have perfectly centered steering. Your best bet is to disconnect the servo arm from the servo, then power on the car. Center the trim knob, and the servo will go to it's mechanical center. Then put the servo arm back on the servo, in whatever position gives you the most mechanically centered steering. Tighten everything back up, and use just a small amount of trim to make the car actually steer straight. Also, check that the left and right steering end points look about the same.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Thanks a lot omen, I'll look into it and ask for help in case it doesn't work!

Cheers

RC poster
    Hi @omen just to let you know that yesterday while cleaning the revo I noticed that a very tiny rock was getting in the way and not letting the servo go its full course when turning right! I haven't tested it yet but I'm guessing that was the problem!

Thanks for all the help!

Cheers